F1 Grid Girls

Do you mind if there are grid girls at the F1 start?

• Total voters
Name
Jak
Edit My Images
No
Do you mind if there are grid girls at the F1 Grand Prix race start?

I don't mind if there are or aren't grid girls. I think the girls themselves probably have fairly strong views about one income stream having dried up though!

Well, as far as I know they are not forced to do it and hopefully paid fairly.
Why not leave it to them to decide if asked?
No problem with it myself, but if they ever want a wrinkly to do it instead.......... :eek:

Last edited:
Didn’t quite a few of them complain that due to equality no gooders they were now out of a job.

Next they will introduce all the green legislations on noise and pollution at which point they will have to switch over to electric motors and Tesla or Uber autopilots. What a great joy that will be to watch.

What is happening across the board is pure and very dangerous societal cancer. You have been warned.

I hope one day all this political correctness (can I say that?) will become political incorrect.

I usually start watching the F1 on television just about few minutes before the start of the race, so I'm too late to see any.

Beside, I would rather see some women actually take part driving in a F1 car during a F1 race.

Before the Monaco Grand Prix this year I wasn’t worried about it either way.

Having seen them for the first time this year with a grid girl and guy lined up next to each other, it just seemed a pointless none job to me...

I think the girls themselves probably have fairly strong views about one income stream having dried up though!

Indeed.
I've never understood the thought process that banning them from doing something they choose to do equates to greater equality.
Surely taking away their freedom of choice is a step backwards instead?

Societal changes are (always?) evolving and the descrimination based on status, position, education, perception, between genders has existed since Adam & Eve.

Where a choice or availability of any job has an element of '''objectivication" based on gender we have to face that such choice narrowing is nurture not nature i.e. society has created the acceptance of the end result.

There was a time (still?) when a father of a boy & a girl might espouse the view that his lad should sow wild oats.........but should any lad eye his daughter the wrong(?) way, heaven help him!

Across the world we have gender unfair societies. So F1 grids girls right or wrong ~ no idea but to simplify it by saying 'they' have a choice is wrong because their choices have been crafted by all manner of influences since they were born and those choices are not/were not the same as boys!

Do I have a solution, no but I try to recognise that a problem exists......can such gender bias ever be overcome without it being seen as 'political correctness' sadly I doubt it!

Last edited:
We could have grid snails. Watching them moving. Would be more exciting than the last GP.

As also quoted by some of the drivers this year.

Back