F1 season 2016

It says one didn't need to overtake and the other didn't want to and just made it look as though he was trying. It's not just spectators that have a dislike for Hamilton.
I do think there was an element of Seb not wanting to screw over Nico, especially in the last couple of laps where it was clear that he would most likely not get the race win.

Max had simply run out of tyres.

Whatever we might think about this driver or that, Nico earned the championship this year.

LOL you really don't understand racers mentality. Not going for an overtake, happy to sit there - really? The Merc had such an advantage it wasn't possible with the aged tyres
Oh I do understand and when a driver has a dislike for another and doesn't want him to win another championship, he can make it look as though he is trying but fail thus not altering the result and putting another's success in possible jeopardy.

Vettel was fighting for pride, been a terrible year. Ferrari have had a lot of criticism, Vettel even more from Ferrari management. If he could have got a higher place he would have.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/235488/1/abu-dhabi-podium-important-after-criticism-vettel.html

And this is actually the real reason they couldn't do anything. The aerodynamics of the cars (disrupt airflow to hinder car behind etc), the tow and the performance gap of the mercs to the others
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/11/27/vettel-hamilton-tow-stopped-passing-rosberg/

There's no way Verstappen gives a monkeys about anything other than finishing in the best placing possible.

Do you know, we never guessed...
Why stop there, why not bring up Hamilton running Rosberg off the circuit? Or Rosberg doing the same. How about Rosberg reversing onto the track at Monoco?
In fact why not mention Senna taking off Prost to win the world championship, schumacher taking out Hill to do the same , how about Schumacher parking on the corner to foil Alonsos pole lap at Monoco?
Since we're talking Alonso, how about Crashgate, Singapore 2008, or 2007 hungarian grand prix where Alonso held Hamilton up in the pits so he couldn't set a final lap time.

I could keep going about any of the top drivers (or others - too be honest you see that in all levels of racing) but there you go. You call someone who, like many racing drivers, has dedicated his life since age 6 to race and win, a cry baby. A cry baby because he drove extremely skillfully at doing his best to win the world championship in the only way that was possible, to try that tactic after the final pitstop when the team couldn't carry out their threat to influence the race in Rosbergs favour.

That comments says much more about you than Lewis

I found the quote I really wanted to end this with:

"It’s easy to see what material things you’ve gained since getting into Formula One – the jet, the lifestyle and so on. But what have you lost – because your life can no longer be simple or anonymous or private? ‘You lose your freedom. There are very few places in the world I can go and be a normal person, being able to go out and not be recognised, being able to play with your children and do things.’
‘The biggest penalty you pay is you never get the time back you put in. To be a mechanic, to be a driver, to be associated with Formula One, you sacrifice incredible amounts of time – and time you don’t get back, and time is the most precious thing in anybody’s life. You can’t buy it, you can’t pay for it. That’s when someone says, ‘You’re getting paid this, you’re getting paid that’ – monetary refund for time doesn’t mean a thing. I’d rather give a fortune back and get 10 years back. Another 10 years with my children – the time you miss with your children growing up, it’s gone."

Mansell in July 1991

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/featur...ssell-bulgin-interview-car-archive-july-1991/

Actually, didnt Lauda retire during practice when driving for Brabham, leaving them to find a driver for the race weekend at very short notice.
Pot Kettle Mr Lauda... :D

Vettel was fighting for pride, been a terrible year. Ferrari have had a lot of criticism, Vettel even more from Ferrari management. If he could have got a higher place he would have.

And this is actually the real reason they couldn't do anything. The aerodynamics of the cars (disrupt airflow to hinder car behind etc), the tow and the performance gap of the mercs to the others
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/11/27/vettel-hamilton-tow-stopped-passing-rosberg/

There's no way Verstappen gives a monkeys about anything other than finishing in the best placing possible.

As soon as max spun my heart sunk I have this feeling that the reasons, credible as they are that seb gave, may not have hampered Max as much.
If it is going to be such a problem passing with the downforce erosion, then it dosnt bode well for 2017 and making the cars 5secs a lap faster is going to be not much use when you can win 9secs slower

Back