F1 Young (and old) Driver Test

Name
George
Edit My Images
Yes
Bloody hell these things are quick! I've seen F1 in the flesh several times before, but never tried to take photos of them.

Had 3 days off work, so popped down each day. Wednesday was mainly spent mooching around, Thursday I actually got into the swing of things and took some decent photos (actually all but the last one were from Thursday), and today I just gave up after a few hours (hence I'm already posting!). Very busy and too hot!

I thought I was going to be really frustrated, but it really wasn't too bad in the end. I think the F1 cars are so different from anything else that they can make a boring part of the track seem interesting?

I've tried to keep the thread as original as possible, but unfortunately Gary went and beat me to a load of spots! So some do look remarkably similar. :)

As always, any critique is always welcome. :D

1. Start of with a big dollop of Marmite

absolutly amazing, i would love to have the opportunity to photograph them.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Hahaha I tried #1 on Thursday (I said I'd try and rip you off) but it turned out crap lol - great stuff again all round, but its #8#8#8#8#8#8#8#8#8#8#8 what an epic shot!!!

Haha. Thanks. Don't think you can say it was ripping me off. I wanted to try it myself after seeing Nick Dungan's F1 set. And I'm sure it's been done many times before that too!

was going to say i like number 8 the best, then i got to number 10 :)

Thanks. Almost didn't include #10 as it wasn't particularly sharp, but put it because I just kept coming back to it.

I think that's the beauty of F1 cars. Their liveries are so recognisable and distinctive (apart from the very un-photogenic Sauber) that you can afford to sacrifice a bit of sharpness here and there. The same can't be said with your weekend club race meet.

Think I may have to invest in another ND filter though. Was using an ND4 filter (£5.00 Jacobs one I picked up when they went bust), but even with that I was shooting at f22 in #8!

Well if I ever got the urge to shoot cars I will be asking you for some lessons.

Love those and think you fit in very well with Mr Marmite(Gary) and Slick Nick(Sportstock)

Another person to add on my top tog list (y)

8 and 10 are absolutely great! and 1 is cool think i may try panning through a crowd in the future

Back