F15 Eagle Low Level

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Backlit fluff on the Eagles with these early passes in the Bwlch valley of the Mach Loop. High humidity and the summer angle of sun worked a treat, talking to other people on the hill (plane spotters with cameras) they were moaning about the light being wrong! As a photographer enjoying the planes I thought the light was amazing...What do you guys think?

F15 Eagle Mach Loop by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

And me! I do like that, more atmosphere than some mach loop shots and a great sense of speed and menace.

Last edited:
that's stunning - the sort of shot that inspires me to incur my wife's wroth for buying yet another lens...

The light is amazing!

The light was wrong if you wanted to create the 'classic' image of a fighter jet we've all seen time and time again (perhaps to the point of boredom); what you have done is capture a different look that hasn't been done to death, and I think it works very well. (y)

It's a stunning artistic shot(y)

I guess the comments from the other guys depends on their objective. I couldn't use that type of shot in any of my paid work, it has to be conventionally lit "record" shots but that doesn't for one second detract anything from this beautiful image!

GC

Looks pretty awesome to me.(y)

The only thing I would play around with is maybe a bit more greenery in the foreground if that is possible in these fancy "lightroom" type programs, might make it "pop" a little more. But I know if I had taken that shot I would be delighted and getting it framed as we speak!

I would love to have caught this. Great shot, well done.

It's pretty awesome that and different from the norm. I love the way the vapour is boiling off the wing and the way the sun is lighting it up, not something you'd normally see in that way. Maybe a bit more light in/on the cockpit but that really is me nit picking. The scale is epic, the hills behind really set it off.

One of the best I've seen from The Loop. Wish it were mine!

I think that is stunning. :). In some ways I can see where someone interested in the aircraft would not be happy, you cannot see the markings, serial numbers etc.

However that picture says so much more about the speed and menace of the aircraft, a real classic.

Last edited:
A very pleasing change from the norm. Excellent pic.

looks good to me

And me! I do like that, more atmosphere than some mach loop shots and a great sense of speed and menace.

Excellent shot and decent light IMO

Looks great, love the tones and the sense of speed it conveys.

Very nice, it has an ethereal look to it

that's stunning - the sort of shot that inspires me to incur my wife's wroth for buying yet another lens...

The light is amazing!

Epic shot.

The light was wrong if you wanted to create the 'classic' image of a fighter jet we've all seen time and time again (perhaps to the point of boredom); what you have done is capture a different look that hasn't been done to death, and I think it works very well. (y)

It's a stunning artistic shot(y)

I guess the comments from the other guys depends on their objective. I couldn't use that type of shot in any of my paid work, it has to be conventionally lit "record" shots but that doesn't for one second detract anything from this beautiful image!

GC

Looks pretty awesome to me.(y)

The only thing I would play around with is maybe a bit more greenery in the foreground if that is possible in these fancy "lightroom" type programs, might make it "pop" a little more. But I know if I had taken that shot I would be delighted and getting it framed as we speak!

I would love to have caught this. Great shot, well done.

This is excellent work - one of the best shots in this particular genre I have ever seen

It's pretty awesome that and different from the norm. I love the way the vapour is boiling off the wing and the way the sun is lighting it up, not something you'd normally see in that way. Maybe a bit more light in/on the cockpit but that really is me nit picking. The scale is epic, the hills behind really set it off.

One of the best I've seen from The Loop. Wish it were mine!

I think that is stunning. :). In some ways I can see where someone interested in the aircraft would not be happy, you cannot see the markings, serial numbers etc.

However that picture says so much more about the speed and menace of the aircraft, a real classic.

A very pleasing change from the norm. Excellent pic.

Great catch!

A pleasing change from the record/Riat shots

Incredible image :clap:

Hell Yeah!!

Wow - just wow - great shot!

Thanks very much everyone for the kind comments.

Got this for you to see too, I prefer the atmosphere of the first (and put more effort into the processing) but this second shot below was a cool moment to capture, make your own clouds!

Low Level Cloud by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Both are super but the last one is stunning

Wow!

Holy cow...that is one epic image.

Wow, the last one is superb as well

Wow, if I'd have taken that shot every penny I've spent on cameras and lenses would have been worthwhile. It's stunning.

Both are super but the last one is stunning

Both awesome!

Would have it on my wall all day long. Stunning work

I’m guessing Lakenheath would love it on their crew room wall too!

Two stunning photos, especially the first.

Holy cow...that is one epic image.

Thanks everyone, these few passes in the morning made the 2 days and whole trip worthwhile. I've gone off aviation photography but when you push the boundaries with the light you are prepared to shoot in interesting shots can happen.

Back