F15's through the loop 30.06.2015

tim

Name
Tim Preston
Edit My Images
Yes
On only my second visit to the loop I was lucky enough to see the F15's pass through. I think there is even a thumbs up from a co pilot? An extremely enjoyable day listening to the banter on the top shelf at Bwlch.

Any criticism gratefully received, as I mentioned this is only my second trip. I could probably do with lowering my shutter to blur the backgrounds a little more. All taken with a D7100 and the Tamron 150-600.

USAF F15 Eagle through Bwlch 30.06.2015 (1 of 1)-7
by Tim Preston, on Flickr

F15 Eagle USAF through Bwlch 30.06.2015 (1 of 1)

USAF F15 Eagle through Bwlch 30.06.2015 (1 of 1)-2

USAF F15 Eagle through Bwlch 30.06.2015 (1 of 1)-8

USAF F15 Eagle through Bwlch 30.06.2015 (1 of 1)-5

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Not a great deal to say other than well done, they are all perfectly sharp, in focus etc

My pick of the bunch would be #1 as the back drop is almost as stunning as the shot itself

The grass on the second shot gives the sense of how close it was to the ground, but i'd rather hang the #1 on my wall over #2

#3 is also a cracker, really well framed and a great action shot

#4 is a very close second to #1, but as above i prefer the backdrop in #1

#5 another cracker, and some very nice close detail of the pilot & co-pilot

Great set of pictures #1 for me too, followed #5 the rest are excellent.
Good work.

Trev.

Reactions: tim
Hi Tim,

You've managed to get most of them landlocked, Tim. Exposure and focus are good...nicely done for a 2nd visit. If you are intending to get background blur, practice on the Hawks and don't risk messing up a good Frontliner shot. The name of the game with the Loop is make sure your settings are spot on when you arrive, and keep checking your white balance on one of the quartz boulders. The hardest trick to develop is a good panning technique....I do love the 15E's, and you may get lucky when 15's come through.
One more piece of advice...DON'T be afraid of asking "silly" questions when you are on the hill, as many of the guys up there will be more than willing to give advice.
Have you joined Fox2 yet?

Philip

"Cracking" set of images Tim.(y)

George.

Well done, nice set.

Just had a few Hawks and a C130 last time I was there. Would love to see some F15s whizz through.

#3 is the classic Bwlch shot, nice one. (welcome to Fox2 BTW!)

Superb set. These cockpit close-ups I see on here are very impressive.I've been into your Flickr too and enlarged them,even more impressive.

Back