Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
One that I took a while back and never processed till today
720428107_L6Fhn-L.jpg

thanks for looking
Chris

After a second look the vortices seem to originate inside the plane or am I seeing things?

Last edited:
After a second look the vortices seem to originate inside the plane or am I seeing things?

looks like it to me, perhaps its smoke trail for an airshow :shrug:

cracking pic (y)

looks like it to me, perhaps its smoke trail for an airshow :shrug:

cracking pic (y)

No, its a pukka 'this aircraft is at high alpha' vortex. The name Rams Horn vortex is rearing its head in the back of my mind but CFS groundschool was a long time ago and I could be wrong.

Cheesy

No, its a pukka 'this aircraft is at high alpha' vortex. The name Rams Horn vortex is rearing its head in the back of my mind but CFS groundschool was a long time ago and I could be wrong.

Cheesy

bowing to your superior knowledge ;) all i know is they fly :)

very nice...i always thought the 2 seat version of the f/a 18 was more attractive than the single seat imo.

What shutter speed was this, the vapour is so 'sharp' is this like 1/4000th or thereabouts?

The ISO was 50 on my 1dmk2N which in turn gives a huge 'hit' on the shutter speed but I really like the clean looking images I can get at ISO 50
Shutter speed was 1/800 aperture F5.6 at 400mm

must add that shooting at ISO 50 is very subjective with people saying there is no difference between ISo 50 and ISO 200

the main difference that is clearly visible is getting a much slower shutter speed than otherwise would be possible on a bright sunny day

not that it means two hoots shooting aircraft in this shot LOL

as for noise I only use noise reduction software if shooting at high ISO in poor light situations

and as much as it hurts me to say it - Nikons top line cameras seem to have the edge in Low noise high ISO ratio at the moment

but this mk2N I use has been a great camera for me

sorry for the extra waffle LOL

thanks for looking in and contributing
Chris

Straight to the moon!

Colin

Back