Ruspola nitidula

ruspolianitidula33pbase.jpg

Acrida hungarica

acridahungarica38okpbas.jpg

Locusta migratoria

locustamigratoria28pbas.jpg

Pholidoptera griseoaptera

pholidopteragriseoapter.jpg

Agree with all the above. Amazing shots there mate!

Mike

fantastic set

Fantastic set. It's amusing how they all look cross eyed.

I was interested in the shutter speed on the 1st and last photos as they were a lot lower the the middle ones which were the sort of speed (not that I've done these types of shots before) I might have expected for taking a living/moving creature. Is there any techniques you use to stop them moving about a lot? - ignoring the kill first them option. I seem to remember years ago someone suggesting putting them in a fridge for a while.

always photographed in the wild without tricks
It is not difficult with a little 'patience after a 2-3 jumps they have become more calm and bring even leave the front
here the data of 1-4
1/40s f/9.0 at 180.0mm iso200
1/60s f/11.0 at 160.0mm iso200
if you interested in my website in the gallery of macro under every shot there are data shot

Excellent pictures. I never knew there were so many variations of the grasshopper.

always photographed in the wild without tricks
It is not difficult with a little 'patience after a 2-3 jumps they have become more calm and bring even leave the front
here the data of 1-4
1/40s f/9.0 at 180.0mm iso200
1/60s f/11.0 at 160.0mm iso200
if you interested in my website in the gallery of macro under every shot there are data shot
Thanks for the details. Just looked around your galleries. Superb photography.(y)(y)

Amazing Does Steven Spielberg know of these little fella's?

Thanks for uploading these Carlo.. ive never seen a grasshoppers face.. nor did i realise there were different ones :p insanely crisp shots

Pete

Back