Facebook Banner Comp Mth 6 now open for entries

Status
Not open for further replies.
6294355591_4d586e512b_z.jpg

I was very pleased with this.

You need to crop one of those images to the correct ratio Rob. 851 pixels by 315pixels in order for it to comply with the rules. See original post.

Of course there have to be a few simple rules and here they are.

• The photo you submit MUST be cropped to this ratio > 851px x315px - This is where the challenge will lie, finding the right photo for such a ratio and avoiding the main focus being on that left hand side. Any photos not to this ratio will unfortunately not feature in the voting.
  • You will have one week each month to submit your photo and voting will be open for one week afterwards.
  • By submitting your photo, you are granting TalkPhotography permission to use that image for a month on the Talk Photography Facebook page and a post promoting the fact you have won within the status updates on the page.
  • The Talk Photography facebook page is an open, public page, so we must ask that all photos are 'family' friendly. [in other words, use your common sense ;) ] but other than that, the theme is totally open, unless otherwise stated for particular months.
  • You may add a small lower/upper right hand corner watermark if you wish, but no great big ones that cover/distort the photo or generally spoil the viewing experience.

Last edited:
A bit of a composite. The sky was the main feature in here as it was pretty darn dramatic, but most is mssing at this ratio.
You can view the full image on my FB page.
May I just add also that there are some amazing pieces of work being displayed here. The standard is very high.
View attachment 39962

It's good to see that the pop up has brought in more entrants this month, but it's a shame that several of them don't seem to have read the first rule of the competition about cropping and resizing their images, so they won't be included in the voting thread next week :thinking:

Last edited:
Sorry thats my lack of photoshop skills, I cropped it but resolution is still massive. will update now....

I have a custom canvas for the Facebook banner. All I have to do is drag the photo I want onto it and size it so it fits the width. You will loose some off the top, bottom or both depending on how you position the image on the canvas, but the banner is an extremely letterbox.

Having a custom canvas or even using a previous saved banner makes it so much easier to enter the competition.

A phone photograph i took from the dawn ferry of Dover, nowt special but i liked it :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back