Facebook groups

I tend to find if people have very heavilly locked down profiles then they will get declined from me for sure.
At the very least a nice profile pic abit of biog text and maybe a few public pics.

....I am exactly the same - I find that I tend to mistrust someone who is on Facebook but gives no clues about what their interests are and so whether they are likely to be genuine.

I have seen (and rejected) so many minimal and false profile pages - There are ways to do a deeper check.

What if someone wants to join a FB group, and they have just a few friends, or their friends list is hidden? I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread, unless I missed it.

What if someone wants to join a FB group, and they have just a few friends, or their friends list is hidden? I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread, unless I missed it.
I've mentioned it, if I can't verify someone as credible or spam by available information they get a direct message with a couple of questions.

I've mentioned it, if I can't verify someone as credible or spam by available information they get a direct message with a couple of questions.

Sorry @Alastair, I missed that bit when re-reading through the thread. I did find it, after having another re-read. :)
I denied somebody only yesterday after a quick skim through their profile. They had only two photos, one low cleavage profile, and another low cleavage wall photo.

....Then it's entirely up to the Admin of the group who they are happy to accept.

In the case of the Facebook groups which I Admin, if they also have their groups and interests hidden they are Declined. It's up to them to apply again or to send me a PM. I don't have time to send them PMs about it and I'm not interested in risking any contact if they are a spammer. I am currently receiving about 20 applications a week to join one of my groups.

If someone is so concerned about their perceived privacy, then don't go on Facebook.

....Then it's entirely up to the Admin of the group who they are happy to accept.

In the case of the Facebook groups which I Admin, if they also have their groups and interests hidden they are Declined. It's up to them to apply again or to send me a PM. I don't have time to send them PMs about it and I'm not interested in risking any contact if they are a spammer. I am currently receiving about 20 applications a week to join one of my groups.

If someone is so concerned about their perceived privacy, then don't go on Facebook.
My friends list is open, but some do hide theirs. If their profile looks a bit iffy, then I do not add them to my FB group.

PS

There are some people on FB who are concerned about their privacy. But they still use it to keep in touch with their friends and family. My facebook profile is open, it bores most people who read it. :)

Last edited:
Don't really use Facebook but set up a photography page earlier this year (take a look if you wish link in bio).

Not really sure what to do with it?

Should i join groups? I wouldn't even know where to find relevant groups to join?

I run a local community FB group with over 13000 members, we have always vetted every application to join. Clearing up the mess left by a spammer makes it worthwhile to put in the effort. We also have 3 questions which are sent to anyone who asks to join (it's a new FB feature being tested) this is quite useful as well.

Back