Factory reset

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Canon DSLR ... but probably any

If I save my settings to CF card then do a factory reset ..Then reload my settings.... Have I wasted my time?

To take it furthur.. If I do a factory reset and then resetup my camera the way i like it and was before...

What does factory reset do.. It rsets my settings.. Anything else?

As far as I know, it just resets your alterations to settings. It can be worth doing if you have made a lot of changes and are getting poor results. I have never found it necessary with an EOS camera but I have with my Panasonic Lumix TZ80.

I have always thought that it was a bit like a computer. Over time errors creep in to the data that makes up the settings, and they become corrupted.
So a factory reset takes you back to square one as it starts with a clean slate. It is not the same as just turning back all your settings.
Though unless you have developed a problem, I do not know why you would bother.

I have always thought that it was a bit like a computer. Over time errors creep in to the data that makes up the settings, and they become corrupted.
So a factory reset takes you back to square one as it starts with a clean slate. It is not the same as just turning back all your settings..

Thats what I was thinking.. But guessing @john.margetts could be right as well... hmm

Though unless you have developed a problem, I do not know why you would bother.

Neither do I ....

Canon DSLR ... but probably any

If I save my settings to CF card then do a factory reset ..Then reload my settings.... Have I wasted my time?

To take it furthur.. If I do a factory reset and then resetup my camera the way i like it and was before...

What does factory reset do.. It rsets my settings.. Anything else?
Yes, you will have wasted your time, a camera is not a computer that has applications and the like eating away at memory and resources. it would be like factory reseting your TV.

Back