Fairy Pools - Isle of Skye

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Was up on Skye with work but managed to find a bit of time for exploring. The weather was not the friendliest and definitely lived up to its Misty Isle nickname. I quite like the drama the mist adds though.

v2

I love this, the green in the water is delicious, especially against the rust of the foliage and the earthy colour of the foreground. The mist is definitely adding to the drama. Nice

I like this, well processed and a different angle to what we usually see fro there.

I love this, the green in the water is delicious, especially against the rust of the foliage and the earthy colour of the foreground. The mist is definitely adding to the drama. Nice
Thanks. I was surprised that the water retains so much colour even under a misty/overcast sky.

Hi Andy. That is a great photo. The last time I was on Skye and tried taking photos it got so wet and windy we retreated to the pub and never ventured out again :)

I was just wondering what camera settings you used and any use of filters?

Hi Andy. That is a great photo. The last time I was on Skye and tried taking photos it got so wet and windy we retreated to the pub and never ventured out again :)

I was just wondering what camera settings you used and any use of filters?

the weather was like that the day after when I walked up to the Old Man of Storr!

Settings were as follows;

Canon 6D with Canon 16-35 f/2.8L MkII at 16mm, f/13, ISO50 1.3sec Exposure.

"Cracking" shot Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

I've seen quite a few photos of Skye on here over time and they never fail to impress. Lovely shot.

Back