Fake seller on amazon! beware!

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I was hunting down a cheap Nikon D700 when I stumbled across one being advertisied on Amazon marketplace for £820.. so already I was wary of a fake...

I decided to email the guy and find out some more.. I got this reply back..

the camera is new ( it's an ex demo therefore it has hardly been used and is as good as new it just had to be listed as 'used' as the box has been opened ),UK model, factory sealed ,comes with 12 months extended warranty, receipt ,all manufacturer supplied accessories.
the price is 820£ and if you want to buy send me your full name and address because i will transfer your details to Amazon for start the shipping , this will take 48 hours
Regards,

At this stage I went back on amazon to check it all out again and noticed it was missing from the amazon page now so i emailed back enquiring about why it had been taken off the amazon site...

Got this reply

hy , my listing is over on website but the item is still in stock for sale...
so the next step will be to send me your full name and shipp adress to start the order throught Amazon.
After i will start the order you will be contactd by Amazon abouth the payment method and shipping detaills.

if you are agree we can start the order right now.

Thank you

So I emailed back with some more questions about how many he had etc... and received this email back...

the camera is new ( it's an ex demo therefore it has hardly been used and is as good as new it just had to be listed as 'used' as the box has been opened ),UK model, factory sealed ,comes with 12 months extended warranty, receipt ,all manufacturer supplied accessories.
the price is 820£ and if you want to buy send me your full name and address because i will transfer your details to Amazon for start the shipping , this will take 48 hours
Regards,

Look familiar? It should coz that was a repeat of the first email he sent me! Shortly after receiving this email, I recived a duplicate of the 2nd email he sent me!

This is 100% a scam and wondering how I go about reporting it, not that it would probably be chased up but worth reporting anyway I figure.

The user was eloiseemason however the email address had the name David Frederik (cenorokpeuk@yahoo.com)

Pretty standard scam, same as the old "buy" ebay feedback.
Everything the person has sold appears to be low cost items, CD, DVD, Books.
Build up a decent rep although never a perfect one as you want to appear human.
Then you advertise high cost goods at what appear to be brilliant prices but state they are ex demo to justify the lower cost.
You buy, you lose your cash.

Just noticed the standard Yahoo, Msn type email. Totally untraceable. (not totally but the general public need not know that ;))

Last edited:
These attempted scams are getting quite frequent again. I keep 'buying' D300 and D700 bodies but the orders get cancelled (by Amazon?).
I keep trying because, you never know, one of these days I might get lucky - but don't hold your breath.
But should one get through and the goods not arrive, then I believe that Amazon will guarantee to refund the money.

These attempted scams are getting quite frequent again. I keep 'buying' D300 and D700 bodies but the orders get cancelled (by Amazon?).
I keep trying because, you never know, one of these days I might get lucky - but don't hold your breath.
But should one get through and the goods not arrive, then I believe that Amazon will guarantee to refund the money.

Isn't that a bit risky and careless though on your behalf? Or do you feel the possibility of getting something cheap outways the possibility of falling for a scam and not being refunded? :thinking::shrug:

Just curious, not having a go at you.

Isn't that a bit risky and careless though on your behalf? Or do you feel the possibility of getting something cheap outways the possibility of falling for a scam and not being refunded? :thinking::shrug:

Just curious, not having a go at you.

as long as its through the amazon site and he uses a credit card, its safe to play the game.

you would be refunded by either amazon or the CC company if anything went wrong.

Back