Fallen Orchid

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

Rather than just throw away this blossom- I tried a couple of back lit Macro shots, before it went in the bin :D PP was done in CS 5

Sigma 105mm f2.8 EX Macro lens- shot at 1/25th sec f14- light provided by the lounge window

Orchid exif by Lez325, on Flickr

C&C welcomed- its the only way to learn

Orchid2 EXIF by Lez325, on Flickr

Thank you for looking

Les (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Like both of these Les, looks like your loving your macro lens, both sharp and fab colour (y) think #2 is my fav, it looks like Im looking through the flower from inside if that makes sense

They're both wonderful :D Like the symmetry in the second.

Thank for the comments guys and yes Dave I am loving my Macro lens :D

although, Ive just ordered a Sigma 150-500mm, so the 105mm may take a back seat for a while (y)

Les :D

I love orchids and you've captured their beauty here Les

I love the first one, the second is too blurred along the bottom for my, my eye keeps being drawn to the blur.

Thats said, I couldnt come close!

I like these Les the simplicity and angle of the shots.
Sharp and contrasting front to back.
Regards
Paul.

Many thanks for your comments guys, appreciated (y)

Les :D

I love the first one, the second is too blurred along the bottom for my, my eye keeps being drawn to the blur.

Thats said, I couldnt come close!

That would be the dof field then, I shot @ f14 not much more I could have done given the physical depth of these flowers :shrug:

Les ;)

I like both of those, particularly the first, I bet it looks even better filling the screen (y)

Really like these. I do often like shots that are against a white background but these work well IMO.

nice les, think you have a bit of a knack for these flower shots

Back