Fallen praktica. Can't see damage but...

kapybarus

Edit My Images
No
Hello, my camera Praktica has fallen from 1 meter to concreate but inside well padded bag.

Nothing seemed broken, just mirror was stucked in upper position, but released properly after taking photo. Shutter curtain is working, speeds too, aperture in manual/automat same. Winding working too. So there isn't much else which could be broken and destroy pictures right? Can't really check it at photolab as I am abroad. Thanks.

I can only suggest that if all appears OK, then shoot with it as normal or if you have serious doubt, then obtain another camera until you can confirm wether the praktica is fully functional.

Dropping cameras aint a good idea lol but it happens......Like most things, including people, it depends on how they land as to how much damage they incur, however cameras, particularly the older " made to last" outfits, tend to bounce quite well ;)

it's a Practika - i'd be more worried about getting a bill for repairs to the concrete...

actually, I have managed to break one by dropping it, but it WAS from a bivi-ledge on the Aig. Du Midi in the alps, back in the 1980's and even then it looked to be in one piece after the first bounce around 100m down... the second third and fourth and the rest of the 1400m probably did kill it however.

There are Prakticas and Prakticas. The Nova series, including the 'Mat and the Super TL, are subject to random failure whereas the earlier and later models are much more reliable. My problem is that I've always been a sucker for any of the Nova range :confused:

Thanks all. I think if I apply logic, it should be OK. Like kinofilm works just with film, aperture, flipping mirror and shutter curtain opening and when all these are fine, it should be good. Digital has more things to break but you see that immediately.

I have managed to break one by dropping it, but it WAS from a bivi-ledge on the Aig. Du Midi in the alps, back in the 1980's and even then it looked to be in one piece after the first bounce around 100m down... the second third and fourth and the rest of the 1400m probably did kill it however.

you mean you just left it there? .....suffering, injured, lonely, frightened!! :(

It was only 1400m for goodness sake, you could have nipped down to retrieve it! :ROFLMAO:

Surely the question is "Did the (Mark's!) thing just fall or was it pushed???"

So, negatives are quite ok, but from 6 rolls I had three bad photos with light leaks. But quite strange - leaks are in different places and few dozens photos taken after are ok. What it could be? IMG_1098.JPGIMG_1099.JPGIMG_1100.JPG

So, negatives are quite ok, but from 6 rolls I had three bad photos with light leaks. But quite strange - leaks are in different places and few dozens photos taken after are ok. What it could be?
Is this the film that was in the camera when it fell? If so, it could be the camera back flexing on impact before returning to its proper shape.

If a light leak is slight, then it might not show up when you take pictures one after the other fairly rapidly, or store the camera in a darkened place. Any chance the light leak pics correspond roughly to periods of non-use in light conditions (an hour or so may be enough here)?

No it's other roll. I think it's roll I used day after fall, but I'm not 100 % sure. Here is picture of negatives with light leak. It affected only few images in row. One was obviously destroyed completely. IMG_1106.JPG

Back