Fallow Deer, Calke Abbey

The processing looks fine to me and you have nailed the exposure. All three have very nice lighting and they are beautifully sharp. The background bokeh is a bit busy, particularly in 1 and 2, but I don't suppose you can do much about that - it almost looks as if you have used a mirror lens.

I like the composition of no.1 and would just try and clone out the grasses that appear to be growing out of the RH deer's right antler. If you clone onto a separate layer it is quite easy to fine-tune it with a mask.

I think no.2 would be better if you cropped a good chunk off the top; the colours are lovely but such a large area competes with your main subject, which is the deer. JMO of course, but try it and see what you think.

I love the mean expression in no.3 - he looks as if he is going to charge you!

A nice set altogether (y)

Just out of interest, what lens was this taken with?

I like the third best but the bokeh is really distracting on all, I'd probably blur it out or something, would be especially easy on the second.

I like the composition of no.1 and would just try and clone out the grasses that appear to be growing out of the RH deer's right antler. If you clone onto a separate layer it is quite easy to fine-tune it with a mask.

A nice set altogether (y)

Thanks - didn't spot the grass but now you have mentioned it, it's really obvious. I've not ventured into Photoshop to any great extent - certainly not as far as layers. I'll see what can be done in light room.

Just out of interest, what lens was this taken with?

All taken with my Canon 100-400L.

Tryed to get deer in the snow..yours are lovely and well taken

Thanks for sharing

Back