Falls of Garbh Allt, Deeside

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Evening,

Well yesterday i decided to head out to waterfall that i had seen on Flickr, i had never been there before, and it was just typical, the day i decide to go there it was one of the nicest days in a long time, not one cloud in the sky, which meant it was nice and warm but meant it was very hard to capture the waterfalls, very harsh light and blown water. But after a couple of hours the sun had shifted which made it a bit easier for me...

I will definitely be heading back up there in the future to capture it in different seasons.

Anyway... C+C welcome as usual, what do you think?

3917093664_7b2c3f4ef4_o.jpg

3917093014_887daa19c8_o.jpg

Cheers

chris.

Two nice shots there, I think #2 is my faveorite though I think it's the bridge that gives it a little more punch well taken.(y)

Both good shots but the second one shades it for me. The bridge adds a bit extra to the image.

Great shots no. 2 is best for me well done

Kirk

Two nice shots there, I think #2 is my faveorite though I think it's the bridge that gives it a little more punch well taken.(y)

Both excellent shots as far as I can see. Badger

Both good shots but the second one shades it for me. The bridge adds a bit extra to the image.

Hey Chris, I like them both but #2 wins it for me. Never even heard of the place until now so i dare say i will be heading there at some point too

Great shots no. 2 is best for me well done

Kirk

Thanks Everyone,

Mike, it really is a nice spot, could spend hours there, i will be going back there sometime, its great how we have amazing little gems around Royal Deeside.

Chris.

Very nice shots, i would be interested to see how you created the smooth effect on the water? its something i have seen quite often but im unsure how it is captured.

is it just a long shutter speed?

regards Ian

I like them too. Did you use any filters, or just low apertures to get the movement in the water? Very sharp. Nice and crisp :)

Very nice shots, i would be interested to see how you created the smooth effect on the water? its something i have seen quite often but im unsure how it is captured.

is it just a long shutter speed?

regards Ian

Two great shots there! Well done. (y)

Where abouts is this? Never even heard of it!

I like them too. Did you use any filters, or just low apertures to get the movement in the water? Very sharp. Nice and crisp :)

Thanks for the comments,

Kayjay and Ian, these were shot at f/11 meaning that i could drop the shutter speed to around 1 second. since it was really bright i also used an nd grad and nd filter and with more experimenting i got even slower shutter speeds, Ian... im sure there are more in depth tutorials somewhere on this forum.

Bretagnez.... this is up near Braemar, in the Ballochbuie Forest, i never knew about it until a couple weeks ago and it really is a great place.

Cheers

Chris.

Here is a map of where the falls are.

There is a car park at Keiloch, (costs 2.50) and then you have to walk along the side of the main road for a little bit before crossing the old bridge of dee.
I think its about 2 miles each way, maybe a little more...

Yes the route is the pink line....

Picture56.jpg

Chris.

Here is a map of where the falls are.

There is a car park at Keiloch, (costs 2.50) and then you have to walk along the side of the main road for a little bit before crossing the old bridge of dee.
I think its about 2 miles each way, maybe a little more...

Yes the route is the pink line....

Picture56.jpg

Chris.

Fantastic, thanks very much for that (y)! Hopefully be able to get down this weekend sometime. Whether I'll be able to do justice to your shots and the location is another matter altogether :LOL:

Cheers!

Back