Family holiday abroad ?

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all im looking at going abroad late on this year .
we dont want to go to far around 2 / 2 and a half hour flight.
with 2 children under 3 does anyone have a favorite place or somewhere they would recommend..
not bothered about all the boom boom music just nice beach nice locals nice weather
cheers in advance oh yeah and not to expensive..

Expedia just sent me an email about some sort of sale going on now. I didn't look though.

Canary Islands/Lanzarote?

There are some great beaches around Barcelona and Sitges on the Spanish costas ... and you will also have the chance to easily pop in to Barcelona ... although Spain's second capital some reckon it is much better than Madrid ... (y)

And if you are prepared to book yourself rather than going through a third party you will get some cracking deals I am sure ... AND it is less than your flight time limit ... not sure I can say the same for Kamion's Canaries ... :shrug:

:p

I would recommend Cala Llonga. Been there twice , once with Mrs G & second time with the monsters as well. Nice safe beach , reasonable shops/bars/cafes but not much in the way of night clubs.

Extend the time spent in the air slightly and you can take in most of the Med. Don't forget the time spent getting to and from airports - as well as time in the airport. So an extra hour in the air isn't that bad.

Consider Mallorca - avoid Pollenca, too many brits. Alcudia is good but I prefer the south coast. Wanna hire a villa? :)

Also look at Malta. There's always a great variety of places to stay and things to do. Good value, too.

We went to Cala Galdana in Menorca in September. Beautiful place, 2 hr flight, lovely beach (you can out out quite a way and the water is still only waist height), and a fair bit to do. The good thing was that there were no nightclubs or yobs - it seems a very family centred place. The weather was still about 28 degrees.

Lake Garda in Italy. No boom boom music beautiful scenery and reasonably priced. If you are not scared book everything individually and you enjoy the trip more (If it all goes to plan hehe). 2 hours max to Milan/Turin/Brescia/Verona, hire a car and up the mountains you go.

http://www.gardalake.it/

the web site is a dream put your speakers on.

Madeira is great all year round, nice weather and scenery. Not to touristy as the likes of Spain and such. Just looking at booking a week at the moment, working out around £1000 for a week in a 5* hotel. HTH

Now booked Riu Palace Madeira 1 week HB SV 2 Adults £1150 Top hotel on tripadvisor too......

i agree with minimeeze menorca is beautiful, we stayed at arenal de en castell, fabulous small bay, warm waters, 3ft deep for 100 yards, white sand. not a lot in the way of entertainment but some really nice restaurants and small informal bars.

Back