Family Memory ideas! HELP please!

Edit My Images
No
For my assignment i'm looking at faded (family) memory but i'm stuck for ideas!
(As time go on we forget faces and places if it isn't repeated)

Have also been thinking about the possessions we hold to remember people/events etc. And thinking about what would happen if they got destroyed or lost.

I've had a couple of ideas but its been post-production techniques rather than actually photographing anything; Superimosing similar images on top of one another and removing/bleaching someone or something out of the photograph.
I need to actually shoot something but haven't a clue where to start.

Can anyone help?

Collage of old family prints?

I've been looking at things like that but because this project is lasting until around March next year i think i'll need to photograph something.
Just collecting isn't enough.

I've had a few ideas when it comes to collecting.

Maybe even mixing the two....as long as i've got some of my own photographs in there.

Just stumped for ideas!

well if you have till march are there birthdays, weddings, or births due in that time if so family photos from significant events :) - there is xmas for definite

Yeah you could collect photographs but also create your own. Like Toothie has suggested - christmas. Even friends birthdays. Events that we all each have and experience. This could be mixed into the collective photography as well as photographing to create and have a number of different photographs of times events people and places, yet you also have photographed too :)

I think there's only Christmas, New Year and a couple of birthdays until then.
It could work. A mixture of the old and new and how familial photograph taking is still the same.
Its just frustrating me on ways to present them.

I'm getting more confused the more i think about it!

What about old photos of people when they were young, take them back to the same location now they are older and get them to strike the same poses?

Tim

Back