Critique family photo

BMG

Edit My Images
No
Evening all, this was taken at a family get together to celebrate my parents 70th. Whilst I accept technically the photo isn't great (it did however make my mothers day), I am really pleased with the editing. This is a composite of 4 photos. Trying to get everyone looking in the right direction, looking natural etc. is impossible especially when you are trying to be in the photo at the same time!

As always any feedback good or bad, greatly received.

family photo 01.jpg

BMG, this is great photo and I bet that every single person in this image will cherish it for years to come and any amount of Critique will not change that, and I also bet that making it technically perfect will not change the smiles or the memories for these people, if it was for a client then that may be different but its family...faces, smiles and being together are the key :)

BMG, this is great photo and I bet that every single person in this image will cherish it for years to come and any amount of Critique will not change that, and I also bet that making it technically perfect will not change the smiles or the memories for these people, if it was for a client then that may be different but its family...faces, smiles and being together are the key :)
Morning, thanks for the reply, as I say my mother loved it. Which was the whole point. Also good to have everyone together. Doesn't happen very often. For me it was the fact I had managed to copy four different faces from four different photos to get this one. Quite hard to getting the blend. But Iam really chuffed with the outcome. Thanks for looking

Lovely work, If I had to critique I would say- you cut of the foot of the chap on left of shot!

But as a memory it's just lovely

Les

A quick improvement would have been to have closed the curtains behind. Lovey smiles though.

I Think this is fantastic as a family image for your relatives, you have done a nice job photoshopping heads on as I can't tell the ones you have changed. The only thing I would change is how separate the two rows feels, Sofa's are hard as you everyone had a different position and it leaves a big gap between the rows you wouldnt have otherwise. also +1 regarding curtains

Yes I agree not easy to do. Plus it is not talked about on here very much either. I am sure lots of us have to try and do this in our tiny homes from time to time. The only thing that jumped out at me straight away was the curtains which was mentioned above. I know this as we too have french doors behind where I take similiar photos or a bay window if we use the front room.
Well done capturing this.

Gaz

morning all,

Thank you so much for replying. I appreciate all the comments regarding the curtains. I hadn't even considered the curtains. The attention to detail with this sort of photo is definitely something I need to work on. with three little one's most of my efforts are grab shots whilst they are playing etc.

One thing to think of next time is try to tie people in together. what I mean by that the lady front right could hold the hand of the little girl who in turn could try to hold the babies hand. The chap back left in the cheque shirt could have his hand on the shoulder of the young man to his left. Again the chap back right could put his arm around the man to his left or place his hand on his shoulder. Not every one is comfortable with this but most are. At the end of the day If mums happy it's a result :)

Back