Famous people who also Tog

There appears to be a lot of "famous" people I have never heard of.

Dennis Hopper also used to be a photographer (he said he stopped after directing his first movie).

Some of the shots he took on the set of 'Apocalypse Now' were used as PR stills later on...Despite Francis Ford Coppola's paranoid refusal to give him any film, those cameras he used in the movie were loaded...watch the rewind cranks go round (I am such a spotter :shake:)...

dennis-hopper-apocalypse-now.jpg

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index.jsp?cid=193835

Last edited:
Some of the shots he took on the set of 'Apocalypse Now' were used as PR stills later on...Despite Francis Ford Coppola's paranoid refusal to give him any film, those cameras he used in the movie were loaded...watch the rewind cranks go round (I am such a spotter :shake:)...

Do you remember that thread 'you think about photography too much when...' :D

dennis-hopper-apocalypse-now.jpg

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index.jsp?cid=193835

Damn...I thought I was going to be able to get there with that bit of useless info!!!

And this is the photo she took !!! (Made a few calls, leant on a few connections to get it mind)

Copyright V. Beckham 2010
This is actually a reflection from the mirror into her head.

Isn't one of the guys from Pink Floyd into photography - I remember an arcticle in Amateur Photographer about eight years ago featuring one of them. Unfortunately, I can't remember which one it was and I burnt all of my old copies of AP in a massive bombfire last year.

Austin Mitchell always orgnaised the MP's v Lords photographic competition when he was an MP and I remember in Around The World In 80 Days that Palin was never without his ME Super

Facejacker!

I'm sure there's some supermodel, or model, or actress, or something.. some hot woman basically, who likes to press the old shutter button.

Although I could've either completely made it up, or got the detail wrong. She could be a rough looking dog. Who knows.

Hope I've been of help

helena christensen

Isn't one of the guys from Pink Floyd into photography - I remember an arcticle in Amateur Photographer about eight years ago featuring one of them. Unfortunately, I can't remember which one it was and I burnt all of my old copies of AP in a massive bombfire last year.
I think I read something like that when I read inside out, because I think a lot of the pictures were from one of the band members (got a feeling might be Nick Mason (drummer/writer of inside out). Why does my copy of the book have to be 150miles away!

RIP Dennis Hopper

Charley boorman, he did something in a photography mag I had last year.

He was sponsored by Nikon for the last bug adventure he did with Ewan McGregor, They had him on the stand at focus on imaging 2009 (I think that was the year) I remember Nikon publicising it...

Richard Hammond uses a Canon 7D I think.. he drove into it, during a programme about Alpha Romeo cars when they did the concourse event.

he then had one briefly in the Vitenam special, when they took a wrong turn and were with a rural family...

Bryan Adams is very very good :)

I agree - was slightly sceptical about him being a photographer given what he inflicted on us music wise - but they are good pics.

Spooks

Susan Sarandon had a Sony that she used in Italy on the "who do you think you are" she did.

Kenny Rogers has published three books of his work...

[FONT=verdana,arial, helvetica]Kenny Rogers' America, composed of black and white landscapes.
Kenny Rogers' Your Friends and Mine, a collection of celebrity portraits.
This is My Country, portraits of country stars past, present and future
[/FONT]

I wonder if anyone famous actually uses the forum, I wouldn't be surprised if Hammond uses it. I know POTN has some famous americans as members...

can believe no one has mentioned Annie Leibovitz :D

i'll get my coat :coat:

Jerrry Bruckheimer, the American action movie producer, is a keen snapper. There's even a short documentary on one of the Pirates of the Caribean DVDs on his efforts.

Surely Annie Leibovitz and Davide Bailey are famous for who they have shot and how successful they were... Not celebs that tog..

Some of the musical people here May have heard of John Lehmkuhl a pro musician responsible for soundbanks in the Korg Z1 and other Korg synths, soundbanks for Stylus RMX (a sample based software drum and percussion synth heard all over TV and film)

His Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/realkuhl/

Back