Wild Farne Island Birds.

Very nice - did you also photograph some terns?
Artic Turn 21 May 24.jpg
Thank you for the comment. It was a good day except only one hour you get to spend on the island at a cost of £13 pp, I wouldn't go again as only really interested in the bird side, although you get to see hundreds of birds from the boat but boat movement and so many people made it hard for photography, there are other places to go where you get a lot longer than an hour on dry land. Russ.

Last edited:
View attachment 423680
Thank you for the comment. It was a good day except only one hour you get to spend on the island at a cost of £13 pp, I wouldn't go again as only really interested in the bird side, although you get to see hundreds of birds from the boat but boat movement and so many people made it hard for photography, there are other places to go where you get a lot longer than an hour on dry land. Russ.
Where do you think get longer on dry land and can still see all those birds? Don't say Bempton because there are more bird species in the Farne Isles.

Where do you think get longer on dry land and can still see all those birds? Don't say Bempton because there are more bird species in the Farne Isles.
As this was my first trip to photograph Puffins and was a late birthday present from my son I cannot give knowledgeable advice but will say next year it will be the Isle of Lunga in Scotland, search YouTube and the net for information on the Isle of Lunga but from what I have read and seen you get up to 4 hours with some trips.

As this was my first trip to photograph Puffins and was a late birthday present from my son I cannot give knowledgeable advice but will say next year it will be the Isle of Lunga in Scotland, search YouTube and the net for information on the Isle of Lunga but from what I have read and seen you get up to 4 hours with some trips.
I have been there - last photos I ever took with a film camera which broke and none of them came out.

Although you might get more time there are 2 disadvantages (which might not be a problem because I don't know where you live).
a) Getting to the boat will be more longer for most/all people in England and a lot in Scotland
b) less species no terns nor eider ducks IIRC

I love seabirds so really hope that there is somewhere better.

Back