Fast jet cockpit

Edit My Images
Yes
I've asked for critique because a reasonable amount of work has gone into the photography and post production of this. In terms of taking the shot I have exposed for the sky and then used flash to illuminate the cockpit. In order to prevent the flash from reflecting in the HUD, I used a flying-gloved finger as a gobo! For post processing I had alter the MFDs; when the shot was taken, the center MFD had a map on it - it might sound trivial, but the maps that we use are Crown Copyright and I didn't want any issues there! I moved TCAS from the left MFD to the center and then replaced the LH and RH MFDs with radar displays from another image.

Here is the shot:

Hawk T2 Cockpit and Sensor Simulation (1 of 1) by StampedeT2, on Flickr

Regards,

Cheesy

I like it Paul. Very similar to the one you posted a while ago. You sent me the full resolution version. I had it as my desktop for a while. A lot more detail and work gone into this one. (y)

Kev.

I think this a great shot, well exposed both inside the cockpit and outside.:clap:

A couple of very small points,I wonder is having the top of the HUD in the frame would work. You have two sides of a triangle leading out of shot at the top.

Also you have clipped more of the side buttons on the left hand screen than the right.

Guessing that you are travelling at several hundred miles an hour when this was taken these points are nit picking. :naughty:

I like it Paul. Very similar to the one you posted a while ago. You sent me the full resolution version. I had it as my desktop for a while. A lot more detail and work gone into this one. (y)

Kev.

Hi Kev, Thanks! Was the one I sent you the rear seat?

I think this a great shot, well exposed both inside the cockpit and outside.:clap:

A couple of very small points,I wonder is having the top of the HUD in the frame would work. You have two sides of a triangle leading out of shot at the top.

Also you have clipped more of the side buttons on the left hand screen than the right.

Guessing that you are travelling at several hundred miles an hour when this was taken these points are nit picking. :naughty:

The problem with edging the the shot up to bring the top of the front combiner glass in is that you also bring the canopy bow into the top of the shot and that looks way worse!

Regards,

Cheesy

The problem with edging the the shot up to bring the top of the front combiner glass in is that you also bring the canopy bow into the top of the shot and that looks way worse!

Regards,

Cheesy

You are the guy in the seat and familiar with what the view from your office window is like. :D

As verified by your on board display, your horizon is not quite straight.....................;-)

Back