Fast Jets Low Level (Mach Loop) Wales

Name
Barry Price
Edit My Images
No
Hi Everyone,
My first post here, a few 'Low Level' Images from the 'Mach Loop' Wales.......Its a good variation on an 'Aviation' theme....an alternative to Airshow shooting.....Cheers Barry

Tailchasers-1.jpg

IMG_8190-1.jpg

IMG_0866_filtered-2.jpg

Hercules_ZH8871.jpg

IMG_3212-1.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

(y)
well i like these mate thanks for sharing..

note to self:thinking: must get out and try this one day ...

well done again ..

md(y)

#1 and #3 cracking shots ,especially #3 wow (y)

Very nice opening shots mate, Good work.:)

Thank Guy's......#3 is my favourite shot from last year.....We were up on Cad East one of the highest points on the 'Mach Loop' we hadn't seen and frontline jets all day and we were beginning to think we weren't going to get one........just as we were going to get packed away this Typhoon appeared going 'flat chat' across the countryside and turned towards us at cad......well worth waiting around you just never know when the RAF will turn up!....Cheers Barry

not often you get to see a C130 head on
and live to tell the tale! (y)

Yes the Herc's look good around the loop....but especially at Cad East were you get a real 'head on' Perspective.....your shooting on the edge of a 700ft cliff and I mean on the 'edge'!......so your have to pay attention when your shooting......or you won't live to tell the tale.......Cheers Barry

Love those head on shots Bazza trademark stuff great shooting.

Bill

Hello And welcome Lancer01 (Barry) :wave:
What an awsome set of shots to open with brilliant :clap:
so if these are your first ones whats the next lot going to be like :D

2 and 3 are stunning, the jet wash on three is fantastic it has a brilliant sense of speed.

Cracking set Barry(y)
Dean:)

Thanks guy's...Hi Gord.....How's it going?
I have built up quite a nice selection of 'Low Level' Images, its not just the photography its the whole experience of shooting this particular subject.
You have to climb up the hill in all the different conditions....be able to spot planes and get ready to shoot them as they fly past.....you don't get much time to get your shots off but shooting fast jets at low level is a real adrenaline rush.......you can go to as many airshows as you want and take hundreds of Images but there's nothing like shooting them in there natural enviroment.......thanks for looking and commenting.......Cheers Barry

Totally agree Barry, what a great community up on the hills as well, my first trip was great, after what seemed like a neverending climb (meeting some mad Dutch guys on the way up) i reached "the ledge" and was welcomed by a cheery "Good Morning" from those who were already there, put my bags down set my gear up and settled down to wait for the action, and wait,and wait.
"INCOMING" someone screams 10 people jump to their feet, chigachigachigachiga the shutters go as a Hawk screams pass. Did it go left????? yes! 3 minutes later he returns and its all go again.
What a bloody rush, stood on the edge of a cliff with a multi million pound jet passing less than 1ooft from you. Makes airshows seem a tad boring really.
Its a bit of a Mecca up there.
Dean:)

Motivational stuff, superb images which excite me a great deal. Every year I have a meeting at Tebay and had I known this was a LFA ? I would have taken my kit with me.

I absolutely will make an effort to get up ther and have a go. I suppose there's some B&B's within a reasonable distance? Weekdays best for the flying I presume? Any help appreciated.

wow they are fantastic!

Absolutely stunning photography. Thanks for sharing them, I want to have a go myself!

#1 and #5 for me - top shots! (not to be confused with 'hot shots' or 'top gun' :p )

Brilliant series - I've often been walking ABOVE the guys from RAF Valley as they skim the A5 in Snowdonia - had nearly "eye to contact" with one of the hawks whilst driving to Capel Curig a couple of weeks ago, nearly s**t myself !!!!

simon

Master craftsman is Barry is he not if you are fancying a go at this or simply looking for information on locations etc then take a look at our web site and look in the Forum at :-

www.flyfast-flylow.co.uk

Cheers
Bill

Blimey Bill.
With all this interest you are generating it'll be shoulder to shoulder on some of the ledges, keep up the good work though ;).
Steve...

Thanks Everyone,.......Wales isn't the only location for shooting low flying jets......The lake District,A5 Pass,and Tebay are other locations.
The jets fly weekdays only and there's no telling what you will get through a location on any given day.You have to be there and keep your eye's peeled for Aircraft coming your way.
A 300mm lens will get you some good Images from most of the locations.
If you want help organising a Low Level trip you can get all the information at www.flylow-flyfast.co.uk from a photography point of view a good fast focussing lens is required.....or course the conditions can be mixed in these mountain areas and you have to keep one eye on the weather......especially in winter.But through the spring and summer it can be really nice up on the hills (Some good landscapes to be had up there too) There is a growing number of photographers shooting low level aircraft these days....its a good alternative to shooting Airshows....you may not take hundreds of Images but the one's you do get are certainly very different than the normal aircraft shots........Cheers Barry

Not sure what the name of the plane is but the more I look at the one of the biggun perfectly parralell with the road in the background the more I like it. If I took that shot I think I could put my camera and lenses away in the attic knowing that I don't think I'd ever take a better picture!

Thanks Tigerimages.......yes the Aircraft shot with the road in, is a Hercules C130 they do fly at Low level and we have seen them around a few times........they usually come in two's and it gives you a good opportunity to get some good shots of them...........
Herc_1.jpg

Cheers Barry

Must admit airplanes have never really appealed to me for taking pictures, but looking at the pictures they are just awesome and I’m going to have to give this a try.

The forecast dosent get any better for the first part of this week Gord......go for it!
Zeb..you have the info.....just get up there and get shooting......Cheers Barry

Tha Hawk jets from RAF Valley have been doing runway "touch & go" in work today so I'm pretty certain they will be tomorrow after blasting down the A5 in Snowdonia, 3 of them in total for a couple of hours

simon

Thanks Tigerimages.......yes the Aircraft shot with the road in, is a Hercules C130 they do fly at Low level and we have seen them around a few times........they usually come in two's and it gives you a good opportunity to get some good shots of them...........
Cheers Barry
Barry, where is it and how do you get there? Is there a good time to go? I have a couple of weeks off in June and no plans so I was thinking of going around the Welsh coast and overnighting in B&B's. Seeing this pics has made me want to give it a go myself :)

Simon...there were loads of hawks in th a A5 pass this week...all heading back to Valley.....its a pretty spectacular location well worth a visit.
Tiger:......you have the info...wales isn't that big so if your coming up the coast you can stop off and do some shooting no problem.......Cheers Barry

Back