Father & Daughter walking the dog. Crit please!

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

This was taken boxing day and was a real spur of the moment thing really. We went for a walk with the dogs and I took the camera.

This shot captured the composition i was after (pretty much), a quiet walk with an loyal dog kinda thing.

I prefer the b&w as it seems to put across a little more emotion and, to me, is more powerful.

Thing is, my PP work is awful! which do you prefer? would better PP on the colour work better?

Thanks in advance

Rob!
1)
3145467810_8e2d64b51e_o.jpg

2)
3144638899_8fee0f40cb_o.jpg

You got some nice light, but if I had to choose i think the B&W works better with it's high contrast but you need to fix the "alien" lens flare on the right.

Black and white works best, remove lens flare on right and white line down the middle of the bridge, increase the sky height and burn in some clouds.
A thin strip of sky never works.
When you shoot if possible higher or lower view point or zoom to remove or include more sky.

Post us your edit photo, nice picture.(y)

Alan

I like the B&W but the two figures just seem too dark. The background appears too soft as well, I would have liked to have seen more detail in it. The sides of the bridge sort of draw your eye into the frame and then when you reach the background its a little disappointing, clarity wise.

A good effort though :)

Thanks for all your comments. I didn't even notice the lens flare!:bang:

Ill re crop to add mor sky and see if I can burn in some clouds and improve the background. I'll re post the edit when I have done it.

Thanks!

Back