Favourite landscapes

A very nice set of very creative compositions and nicely edited also, fine work Rich.(y)

1. Try it in B&W. I kind of get what you were trying to do. B&W would work well.
2. I'd want the full frame in focus, its ok, not really a landscape
3. Best of the lot.
4. This is nice, composinitally, maybe a tad higher prespective but I am not a fan of dead low camera shots. I would say if its honey coloured stone, and a nice deep blue sky from a CPL, I might want this in colour.
5. Great composition, proably needs lighting to be softer

Interesting set, 3, 4 & 5 for me as true landscapes ... where was #5?

1. Try it in B&W. I kind of get what you were trying to do. B&W would work well.
2. I'd want the full frame in focus, its ok, not really a landscape
3. Best of the lot.
4. This is nice, composinitally, maybe a tad higher prespective but I am not a fan of dead low camera shots. I would say if its honey coloured stone, and a nice deep blue sky from a CPL, I might want this in colour.
5. Great composition, proably needs lighting to be softer

Thank you for the feedback, the thing that bothers me in #3 is the brown sea.

Interesting set, 3, 4 & 5 for me as true landscapes ... where was #5?

#5 is Holy Island (I think) on the North East coast just past Bamburgh. Access is subject to low tides, well worth a visit up there and the surrounding area.

#5 is Holy Island (I think) on the North East coast just past Bamburgh. Access is subject to low tides, well worth a visit up there and the surrounding area.

Thank you, yes I can see it now. :)

Love the Church shot. Great use of low down angle.

Another vote for 3 from me, a) because it's a great view of the the Cod & Lobster in Staithes, and b) love the T/S treatment. Very nicely done.

Back