Favourite Wedding Photo

Edit My Images
Yes
Thought i'd share one of my favourite wedding photos i have taken this year, would love to see some of your favourite wedding photos.

7705297062_c694bee7b7_b.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/Carpediemphotographycheshire

That's a very clean shot, I like it. Was it just natural light or a touch of flash?
This is my favourite shot, though to be fair I've only been to one wedding with my camera!

. by TomBroadbent, on Flickr

Nice shot, loving the lights in the background.. Mine was with 2 off camera speed lights with 2 portable softboxes, and i think we had a reflector in there somewhere, took a little while to set up, but it was really worth it.

hmmm..... ok, after some deliberation, probably this one. I don't claim it's technically perfect, but the whole day was amazing and fun and laughter filled and when it's rounded off with a first dance in the local village hall that gets photos like this, I am not sure technical brilliance is the be all and end all!

2012-07-23_062.jpg

More pics from the day to give some context are on my BLOG if anyone is interested ;)

Yv said:
hmmm..... ok, after some deliberation, probably this one. I don't claim it's technically perfect, but the whole day was amazing and fun and laughter filled and when it's rounded off with a first dance in the local village hall that gets photos like this, I am not sure technical brilliance is the be all and end all!

More pics from the day to give some context are on my BLOG if anyone is interested ;)

Nice pic, love these natural pics, you can really tell they are having a good time..

Mmmm... not done any weddings for a while, so not going to go through a load of hard drives. But on my photobucket I've found this which was always a fave.

blog4.jpg

And this was a fake bride at an SWPP forum meet:
IMG_0221.jpg

This photo is not technically good or some work of art but I like it because the father of the bride is crying and he puts his hand on his mums shoulder as he passes for his support.

sample.jpg

I like this one and I totally understand that - I shoot dancing a lot and that's part of why I enjoy it - you capture people having so much fun! Loved the vintage theme of the wedding and the bridesmaids dresses. At a regular dance event I go to they have a swing dance session and loads of the girls come in Vivian of Holloway dresses - they look fab, but I never have my camera as too busy dancing myself! I see the bride changed into dance shoes for the first dance. :)

So a favourite wedding photo is often going to be about the emotion it captures, as much as if not more than the technical excellence of the image.

Last edited:
For me, this still takes a bit of beating,

img6166.jpg

Some really great photos, really enjoying looking at them, loving the natural shots.. Looks like I may have started something here. Hopefully people will keep posting pics, and we will have a thread of great photos..

Last edited:
There's some cracking photos on this thread... love the emotional ones to.

I have another emotional photo I will have to go and rake out

Away from the emotional ones, this is rather a cheesy one, but I like it because you can rotate it any which way...

The Groom and Groom's men:
157.jpg

The Kray style pic (?)
TheKrays.jpg

The 2nd shooter with a Nikon Pic...(Rejected obviously!)...

_DSC0074.jpg

Thanks John, the rugby-scrum shot is a great fave with lots of families too.

Chriswallace1. My 2nd shooter always provided bad photographs, he was more of a friend for company than a 2nd shooter, just unfortunate he used Nikon. :puke: (Unfortunate for Nikon I should add!).

On the Huh said:
Thanks John, the rugby-scrum shot is a great fave with lots of families too.

Chriswallace1. My 2nd shooter always provided bad photographs, he was more of a friend for company than a 2nd shooter, just unfortunate he used Nikon. :puke: (Unfortunate for Nikon I should add!).

Ive certainly been there before, I have had the worse second shooters in the past, some simply horrid pics! I am blessed now to have the best 2nd shooter ever, gonna hang onto her with both hands!

Oh and Nikon ! Booooo hissssssss

In film days I used a Nikon F4 and F100...Beautiful! When I changed to Digital I ended up with a D100 and a Fuji S2 pro...Crap. I changed to Canon when the 20D was released. :love:
Nowadays whatever you have are great. (y)

As for 2nd shooters, Ryan Jarvis helped me on one wedding, obviosly his pics were great and sadly better than mine. :(

I know I've been a crap 2nd shooter for some pros I've helped too! :puke:

3902040038_3460d9fea4.jpg

This one. I was in my final year at Richmond College and was invited to a wedding in Germany by my pen friend (on the right).

Just a wonderful day and I was the main photographer - no pressure :)

Had to wait till i got back to the UK to get the film developed....

I dunno, so hard to choose ! I am not even sure these are my absolute favourites...they are just off my head and actually on my desktop atm, hence the random logo designs...

akG97.jpg

KrIL1.jpg

CGbyz.jpg

tpEGb.jpg

2pJwu.jpg

amoQv.jpg

Last edited:
I like your stuff Raymondo, never seen a bad picture from ya. Keep doing what ya doing, it's all good.

Love these Raymond - the first one especially as its telling a story and makes you wonder why she is there, looking round the corner...

Nice pics on this thread!! I think these could be the first wedding pics I've put on here, so please be nice!!

p1001945900-4.jpg

p1000106754-4.jpg

p938122814-4.jpg

All from one in June.

Every time i look through wedding shots i've done i have a different favourite, and i have favourites for different reasons. Someone on the previous page mentioned tecnical prowess in weddings shots - always got to come second to emotional involvement in my eyes!

love one on the previous page with the lampshade and it casting shadows, amazing. shame it wasn't a real wedding, next time don't mention it haha.

a few of mine, for different reasons (hope you don't mind me posting more than one!)

iand and rachel-8 by The Reverend JT, on Flickr

iand and rachel-15 by The Reverend JT, on Flickr

singing in the rain by The Reverend JT, on Flickr

1st edit G&H-6 by The Reverend JT, on Flickr

this last one is actually a tongue-in-cheek version of my favourite ever wedding photograph by Yervant, which is beyond stunning.

france by The Reverend JT, on Flickr

I dunno, so hard to choose ! I am not even sure these are my absolute favourites...they are just off my head and actually on my desktop atm, hence the random logo designs...

KrIL1.jpg

CGbyz.jpg

Beautiful. Absolutely love them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
The Reverend JT said:
Every time i look through wedding shots i've done i have a different favourite, and i have favourites for different reasons. Someone on the previous page mentioned tecnical prowess in weddings shots - always got to come second to emotional involvement in my eyes!

love one on the previous page with the lampshade and it casting shadows, amazing. shame it wasn't a real wedding, next time don't mention it haha.

a few of mine, for different reasons (hope you don't mind me posting more than one!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rev_jt_photoalbum/7202042606/
iand and rachel-8 by The Reverend JT, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rev_jt_photoalbum/7202042130/
iand and rachel-15 by The Reverend JT, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rev_jt_photoalbum/7446922448/
singing in the rain by The Reverend JT, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rev_jt_photoalbum/7667823880/
1st edit G&H-6 by The Reverend JT, on Flickr

this last one is actually a tongue-in-cheek version of my favourite ever wedding photograph by Yervant, which is beyond stunning.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rev_jt_photoalbum/7446922752/
france by The Reverend JT, on Flickr

That first one is one of the best if not the best wedding alter shot I've ever seen!

The others are amazing too!

Back