FCPX 10.4.8 and MacOS Catalina

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
No
Ok, firstly, in my defence I've not done any video for about 6 months, so when I updated to Catalina I was only worrying about Photoshop and Lightroom. Once I knew they were fine, I upgraded. I also updated FCPX more recently, weeks after updating to Catalina without any issues and without much of a thought for it.

Anyway, mustered up the courage to do a bit of video for Christmas and this evening launched FCPX. First off it kept asking for permissions to access various folders like the Downloads folder etc, which I said yes to all, despite thinking this was weird for a programme I used extensively before. All ok...then it went downhill. Noted I still had some unfinished projects, one of which is quite important, but was not urgent hence why it's ongoing. Tried to load the project, and although the timeline is there, all the clips have "Missing Plugin" and just show the red wall of doom. I don't understand that, because I've never even added any plugins, to date I've just used what was native to FCPX. Any ideas?

Secondly, I tried to create a new project for the new video. All fine...until I tried to import some clips. Went to "Import Media", as you do, and all the drives are there on the left side of the import window. Selected my 6TB external which is hosting the files...and nothing really happened in the dialogue box. Eventually four of the twenty-odd folders appeared, but all have no entry symbols. Next I tried to look at my other drive, a 10TB external...it won't show anything for that one, despite hosting thousands of files and hundreds of folders.

Anyone got an insights as to how I can overcome these issues, because I can't find anything on google.

Cheers

Back