Captive Feather

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, First time of trying this but any views/help welcome.
Used a Godox AD360.
Slightly open shuttered window to left side.
Tamron 90mm Macro lens.
MagicLantern firmware
Problem I could not figure out was how to get the focus right in close at the botom left edge with MagicLantern in Live View the focus square on the back camera LCD would not go right in to the edge
so any advice on that also please.feather.jpg
Thank You.
Russ

Have you tried using manual focus? I use autofocus most of the time (most people don't, for close-up/macro), but I use manual focus for difficult cases.

You may not have had enough depth of field to get the whole thing in focus anyway. I don't know what aperture you used (I don't see any Exif data), but a smaller aperture would give you greater depth of field.

I think you would have needed to modify the light a bit to prevent blowing out the area at the bottom left, and the smaller patch half way up.

Have you tried using manual focus? I use autofocus most of the time (most people don't, for close-up/macro), but I use manual focus for difficult cases.

You may not have had enough depth of field to get the whole thing in focus anyway. I don't know what aperture you used (I don't see any Exif data), but a smaller aperture would give you greater depth of field.

I think you would have needed to modify the light a bit to prevent blowing out the area at the bottom left, and the smaller patch half way up.
Hi, Many Thanks for the reply and advice and yes I do see the bottom left problem. Thanks again
Russ

Back