A few from before Xmas
1 Wren
IMG_02391.JPG

2 Dunnock
IMG_06382.JPG

3 Treecreeper
IMG_0681.JPG

Mitch

crikey Mitch - you're getting good at this!!! (y)

A good selection there... all good shot

Aye, aye Mitch all damn good buddy(y)(y)

These taken with the 70 -200? If so you must have got pretty close and well done for that.

These are all top class Mitch. I love the Wren shot, but the Dunnock is superb! DOF is obviously limited in the Dunnock shot but you have the point of focus just where it needs to be. :clap:

Which camera did you use?

Thanks CT, all 3 were with the 5D but the dunnock was 600mm straight.

Awww! They are crackin shots! Loving the Wren! How CUTE!!! :love:

Really like these. Not easy with such small birds :clap:

A lovely trio Mitch ... (y) ... and the Dunnock/HS/HA is really quite special with a pin sharp point of focus on its eye ... :clap:

And as for the Treecreeper ... :eek: ... that must have taken some real patience on your part as I know full well how fast they move and hardly ever pause in their hunt for food ... :cautious: ... nice one !

:p

all great shots can't pick a fav
Thanks Elvis.
Awww! They are crackin shots! Loving the Wren! How CUTE!!! :love:
Thanks LB, i can never resist a shot at a wren.

Really like these. Not easy with such small birds :clap:
Cheers Hairy.

A lovely trio Mitch ... (y) ... and the Dunnock/HS/HA is really quite special with a pin sharp point of focus on its eye ... :clap:

And as for the Treecreeper ... :eek: ... that must have taken some real patience on your part as I know full well how fast they move and hardly ever pause in their hunt for food ... :cautious: ... nice one !

:p

Thanks Ven, i was waiting for the Goldcrests to appear when the Treecreeper turned up. I didn't get one acceptable shot of the Goldcrests they made the Treecreeper look like a Sloth.

No 2 for me, such well balanced light, and that slight catchlight in the eye is very appealing.

Sorry late post Mitch . Great set mate , all good, but love the Treecreeper shot the hardest of the 3 to get . Saw on the news about the white crowned sparrow, could not see you waving that 600mm about :LOL:

Thanks Pikeman. i'm not this keen on getting a picture of a sparrow, white crown or not.

WCS_Crowd.jpg

^^^ LOL That'd be me off to the pub!^^^

Sorry late post Mitch . Great set mate , all good, but love the Treecreeper shot the hardest of the 3 to get . Saw on the news about the white crowned sparrow, could not see you waving that 600mm about :LOL:

Can I ask why the treecreeper is hardest to get?

cheers

Can't say anything more than what has been said. Excellent.

Back