Feathers

I quite like the split background, it seems to suit the image and works, I think, because the crop means that the subject completely covers the join.

I quite like the split background, it seems to suit the image and works, I think, because the crop means that the subject completely covers the join.

Thanks Chris, much appreciated. Sorry for the slow response it's been a busy week.

I agree the split background gives the image punch. Like it.

Thanks very much for taking a look and the feedback.

Also thanks to those who liked the image.

Regards

Tim

Only thing I don't like is her hand, size and the way it distracts, oddly by going out of focus which should in theory reduce the distraction, maybe it's the tat that pulls the eye away from the main body of the photo. As always it's a personal thing. Oh and to be really ocd the wisp of hair might do with cloning out. Otherwise I like the shot
Matt

Only thing I don't like is her hand, size and the way it distracts, oddly by going out of focus which should in theory reduce the distraction, maybe it's the tat that pulls the eye away from the main body of the photo. As always it's a personal thing. Oh and to be really ocd the wisp of hair might do with cloning out. Otherwise I like the shot
Matt

Thanks Matt, much appreciated. I can see what you're saying about the hand I'm 50/50 myself as I am with cloning out every errant detail in some shots. I'm trying to form some ocd free dendrites to go forward with which might allow some of the well formed routes to obsessional behavior to abate a little.
I'm stuck with the hand in this shot, though I do have others without it present as do try to work with my subjects with the aim of having options in terms of each shot idea I've worked on.

I like it, but I wonder whether this strongly graphic image would be more successful with harder light & everything in sharp focus?

Thank you Simon, as always your input is appreciated. It was shot with the available light coming into the room from outside, I could have potentially made it work differently and that's something to look at going forward and useful to have as feedback. DOF one makes a call as I suspect you might yourself in terms of having a very fast lens on the camera and the ability to render unwanted background elements into obliteration. Always good to ponder such things and quite rightly, just because wide apertures are available it doesn't mean they have to be employed. Thought I do know that a number of folk lean toward wide open if they have a suitable piece of glass to hand, having shelled out more to get a lens capable of letting in a lot of light. On the day I was at the wheel and chose how I set the camera based upon my judgement regarding what I wanted to get as end results. It's all good stuff when considering the comments of others as it makes me work through more options going forward, no bad thing.

Once again sorry for the slow reply, I've been working a long way from home for a week or so and have had less exciting things than photography to be giving an impression that I've fully engaged with on my plate.

Here is another shot without the hand.

Regards

Tim

Feathers 2 s.jpg

Back