FedEx package delivered but not delivered!!!!

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Expecting my new Sigma 85mm ART today from Panamoz
Been tracking the package since it was dispatched and when it didn't arrive before 12pm (stated delivery) logged on again to see it's status changed to "Delivered" at 11:52am!!!
Rung up fedex and they're investigating, but I'm now getting very nervous!!
Hopefully the driver has just scanned it as being delivered as they're running late, but what also worries me is that it states no signature required!!!!!!:(

Hopefully it's just the delivery guy trying to meet his targets as he's running behind on the weather and he'll deliver at the end of the round

It turned up about an hour ago! Phew!!!
I did get a call back from FedEx customer service saying their tracking system showed it had been dropped off outside my door! It hadn't, but I can't believe they would actually do that!!
Just got to walk the mutts and then sit down, open the box and (hopefully) enjoy!

Lost a 3d printer due to Yodel recently, seller says it was showing as delivered and won't fo anything neither will PayPal so I'm stuffed and someone else has my Xmas present to myself.

Enjoy it, I love my 19mm on the Olly E-PL5, had the 60mm too, but wasn't keen on it.

Lost a 3d printer due to Yodel recently, seller says it was showing as delivered and won't fo anything neither will PayPal so I'm stuffed and someone else has my Xmas present to myself.

How did you fund your PayPal payment? If via a credit card make it their problem.

We have a issue as the sender of around 60 parcels a day, the fedex drivers sometimes hit the wrong button on their touchscreen, showing the parcels as delivered too early.

That's bloody awful!
I'd keep badgering yodel, every time contacting them asking to speak to someone higher up the chain. Hopefully if you keep on their case they'll work out you actually didn't receive the printer and aren't trying to pull a cheeky one!

you're not covered for chargebacks if you pay via paypal, even if its via a credit card :eek: which is why I was getting very nervous!!

Correct, I've been a victim of that, from New Zealand of all places, a ruddy architect too!

FedEx and no signature required don't go together in the same sentence unless they have an economy option now.

I had someone’s delivery from next on Friday it was frustration of the wall trying to return it.
In the end I walked half a mile in the cold and gave it to the owner,he didn’t even thank me.

Yodel are a nightmare to deal with, basically they couldn't have given a sh** and just said it was delivered to a safe place. My reply was " so safe I can't even find it "

It might turn up one day like the £300 light meter did that had already been replaced by the seller who sadly gone out of business before I could return it to them, maybe Yodel were instrumental in that closure.

Yodel are a nightmare to deal with, basically they couldn't have given a sh** and just said it was delivered to a safe place. My reply was " so safe I can't even find it "

It might turn up one day like the £300 light meter did that had already been replaced by the seller who sadly gone out of business before I could return it to them, maybe Yodel were instrumental in that closure.

Surely they need a signature to prove it was delivered, I would threaten them with legal action and a good slating on social media.
That last bit seems to hit the spot with many retailers these days, did you ask them to leave it in a safe place?

Yodel delivered something to me today. I opened the door, he shoved a parcel into my hand and walked away.
I called him back and asked if I needed to sign anything. He just shrugged and left.

As an online retailer myself, this really p***es me off. Unfortunately there are far to many that would cease that opportunity to claim non receipt and file a chargeback and we wouldn’t have a leg to stand on.

Tomorrow, I’m going to ask the retailer to get me a POD.

Surely they need a signature to prove it was delivered, I would threaten them with legal action and a good slating on social media.
That last bit seems to hit the spot with many retailers these days, did you ask them to leave it in a safe place?

It’s pointless threatening the courier with legal action. As the recipient you have no contract with them. Your contract is with the retailer and yes, they do have to prove delivery.

I moved house and sent flowers to my solicitor after

M and S twice delivered it to a woman with a totally different name and totally different address on the other side of town.

They never worked out why it was so embarrassing.

Last edited:

Nope they don't need a signature they just say left in a safe place. I've had it out with them before over lost parcels and their whole attitude stinks. They don't care what you say on line as they still get used by millions of businesses.

Forgot to add the parcel was from China so they don't give a damn either.

Last edited:
My wife gets stuff delivered pretty regular, she is an internet shopaholic. :eek:

I'm in most days and they do not even knock on the door, first I know of is a blue card coming through the letterbox saying, left in bin cupboard.

Once I heard them opening the cupboard door so went to the front door and the cheeky so and so handed me the card :eek: Royal Mail and UK Mail might be more expensive but signed for with them means signed for, and not leaving in the bin cupboard :)

Yodel. Because you’ll sing for it.

Another trick is for the courier driver to be really friendly and try to distract you - so you sign for 3 parcels when they are only delivering 2!! Although this applies more to businesses receiving multiples in a single consignment. Watch out for them telling you - your parcel is out front, sign here - for you to find out the parcel you just signed for is in a terrible state and what's inside is clearly destroyed. Meanwhile driver hot tails it away!! They really are crooks!!

Last edited:
It’s pointless threatening the courier with legal action. As the recipient you have no contract with them. Your contract is with the retailer and yes, they do have to prove delivery.

I meant the retailer, sorry if it wasn't that clear, that's why I mentioned "that last bit seems to hit the spot with many retailers"
Would have thought the seller would insist the courier got a signature, know I would otherwise they could just dump the goods anywhere

you're not covered for chargebacks if you pay via paypal, even if its via a credit card :eek: which is why I was getting very nervous!!

This aint right. The one good thing about Paypal & Ebay is that if the seller can't prove delivery....signature.....you will always get a refund. Tis why sellers MUST ALWAYS send goods with signature required to prove delivery. If a courier company don't follow this then that's between them and the seller.....its not your problem.

This aint right. The one good thing about Paypal & Ebay is that if the seller can't prove delivery....signature.....you will always get a refund. Tis why sellers MUST ALWAYS send goods with signature required to prove delivery. If a courier company don't follow this then that's between them and the seller.....its not your problem.
Unless the courier signs himself with a squiggle and the company say they have a signature to prove delivery. Lots of valuable stuff being delivered (or not) at the moment - a driver can make a bundle if they are not worried about being employed next week.

How did you fund your PayPal payment? If via a credit card make it their problem.

S75 does not cover you if your using your credit card to put funds though a 3rd party payment service, as there’s been no breach of contract between the credit card and the payment service the breach has occurred between the payment service and the end party...

Here in France, Fedex vans have trackers so that the delivery receipt can be matched to the van's location at that moment. The non-delivery of a high value lens was found to have occured when the driver was over 100kms from my house and Fedex were able to retrieve the item and deliver it correctly....it was an error and not an attempted theft.

S75 does not cover you if your using your credit card to put funds though a 3rd party payment service, as there’s been no breach of contract between the credit card and the payment service the breach has occurred between the payment service and the end party...

Maybe best to use a credit card when shopping online

Sounds like Yodel are as bad as Herpes (whose "left in secure location" has meant left on the doorstep whilst I was out, more than once).

On Sat I ordered something in stock from Wex, paid for next working day delivery and chose Tuesday. Now Wednesday's gone and it looks as if it's still in the PF hub somewhere. Yes there's been some bad winter weather, so I thought to allow an extra day. If it comes tomorrow that'll be 2 days late. I've just asked Wex if I can claim the £4.99 delivery charge back. I've got work waiting for the damned thing.

And a prompt reply from Wex (at 18:24) saying yes I can have a refund.

Maybe best to use a credit card when shopping online

Yes it is for Anything over £100 but use it directly on the website not through another payment service, interestingly the law has recently changed on S75 from when I worked for a CC Provider as now all international transactions over £100 are covered it used to be the case that only U.K. and EU was covered in which case an order with panamoz (sp) would not have been covered as the are HK based

FedEx have now left to very expensive parcels that required a signature sat on my front door mat in full view of the main road.
luckily enough each time my neighbour has spotted them and taken them in. So now if I am shopping on line I actively try and avoid seller/retailers that use FedEx and Yodel

Back