Review fEE on a nikon help required

Name
graham
Edit My Images
Yes
just purchased second hand nikon 300 f4,tested on d5000, perfect.tried on my d7000 and get fEE lens wont work.!!!
varios other lenses are ok on both bodies.any ideas what problem/cure may be.thanks

If this is a lens with an aperture ring, make sure it is said to min aperture (probably f/22) and lock it there. Chance are it's just that but if not, try giving all the contacts a good clean too.

locked at f32.no good. will try contact clean,odd it is ok on other body

cleaned contacts,still no good.!!! retried all lenses on both bodies all ok except
300mm on d7000,help reqd please

Worn aperture levers and/or loose aperture ring, common problem with non G lenses, you can wrap a thn sliver of duct tape around he cameras aperture lever to close the gap caused by wear but the only permanent fix is a new aperture ring on the lens and get the lever on the camera checked as well, i only buy "G" lenses because of this

Last edited:
thanks for replies guys.joe i think u may be right,just triied a 50mm with rear aperture ring and fEE. !!!!!
is it a nikon repair ? any idea of rough cost?

thanks for replies guys.joe i think u may be right,just triied a 50mm with rear aperture ring and fEE. !!!!!
is it a nikon repair ? any idea of rough cost?

Yep sounds like the meter coupling ring tab on your D7000 has been broke, I only know off one case of this happening to a mate of mines which happened long back and it cost him £266 for a replacement (out of warranty ) one on his D2h when that camera was current, I wouldn't imagine it being that high for a D7000 as its a consumer DSLR, You would have to send the camera in for a quote to get a accurate price

Last edited:
Worn aperture levers and/or loose aperture ring, common problem with non G lenses, you can wrap a thn sliver of duct tape around he cameras aperture lever to close the gap caused by wear but the only permanent fix is a new aperture ring on the lens and get the lever on the camera checked as well, i only buy "G" lenses because of this

I can see what you mean Gary, I tried rotating my 400mm on the tripod the other day just to see what its like, and it is quite jerky even when loose, Personally don't ever rotate the lens as I don't have the need to but I can see how its easily broke!

Back