Beginner Feedback on a few pictures i took

Name
Lisa
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Im pretty new to photography and have being trying to get better and more selective about the pictures i take - these are mostly macro and nature.
I was wondering if people would be willing to give me some feedback as to what you think of them ? also what I'm doing wrong or right :snaphappy:

many thanks (y)
Lisa

Snail 1 by Lisa Marie, on Flickr

Common blue damsel fly by Lisa Marie, on Flickr

Old Yacht Building by Lisa Marie, on Flickr

Salhouse Sunset by Lisa Marie, on Flickr

On a mission !! by Lisa Marie, on Flickr

Water Orchid 1 by Lisa Marie, on Flickr

I really like the shots of the snail and the sunset. In my own opinion I think the bird shot could do with a quicker shutter speed to remove the motion of the wings as its a little distracting. I'd also maybe have shot the water orchid at f5 or 6 as the depth of field is a little shallow for my taste. As ever my opinion is just that and feel free to ignore it.

Composition wise they all tick my boxes though.

The Dragonflies/damselflies, the only thing that lets me down is the lack of focus on one of the heads. The shot of the sunset is timed nicely and captured well. The colours work well for me.

Wow thanks for the replies :)
Yeah it annoyed me about the common blue dragon flies eyes not being in focus but after many attempts I could only ever get one in and the other blurry :confused: how do I manage to get both ??

I can see your point on the terns wings being distracting.

I really appreciate the feedback helps me to get better at a hobby I love but oh it is harder than it looks :rolleyes: :LOL:

only way of getting both in a shot like that is to stop down the aperture further to get more depth of field. Same sort of thing that has been mentioned with the orchid.

Hi Lisa I'm a newbie too, just wanted to say I joined a course with Shaw academy it cost £20 on group on and it's ok. I'm learning new bits all the time. I love your snail shot [emoji3]

Back