feedback please

Name
michael
Edit My Images
No
now I've finally worked out how to post pictures into threads, here is a quick selection of some from 'walks' the other day

I'll start then.

On shot number 2 the dog is too close to the top of the frame.

I get the idea behind the landscape one but the composition doesn't quite work.

The shot with the two dogs is good but I'd like to see them looking towards the camera a bit more rather than away from it.

I like the penultimate one but opening it up in Flickr reveals that it's not really in focus. I think the problem is that you took it at 49mm and 1/60 and didn't have super steady hands. I'd have tried to focus on the eyes and either up the ISO, or open up the aperture to give me a faster shutter speed.

The last one does nothing for me. The cones look to be the subject of the photo but they just aren't interesting.

Hope I don't sound too critical. I'd describe myself as a beginner too.

since they are dogs
and them all for me with the exception of no 5
best of the three?
no 1 as it shows attention but not obviously

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies.

The photos were taken quickly when out walking the dogs around the quarry so managing to get them to stay still long enough made decent composition hard, but they are getting better so I will post some improved shots in time.

The last pic, yes the cones were supposed to be the subject, although i was just experimenting with depth of field, so i do agree they aren't the most interesting subject in the world but I did quite like how the photo turned out

Back