Felt really sorry for the bride/groom yesterday.

Name
wayne clarke
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterdays wedding went rather badly for the bride/groom.
There were only 52 booked, B+G were lovely, but there had been a row the night before the wedding between the bride and the grooms mum. At the church no grooms parents, B+G ok carried on (not much else they could do) At the reception, 4 empty tables (about 20+ short) no wedding cake, still carried on. Disco crap, DJ stuck in an Elvis time warp. Another 70 due in the evening, by 9.00 (time for the first dance) about 15 people left in the hotel, half of them not speaking to each other, DJ's playing to an empty room, groom and best man plastered sitting out the back of the hotel, bride on her own in the bar.
I couldn't help feeling sorry for them.

Last edited:
bummer, this is why i don't do weddings, 5+ years running a Moss Bros hire dept gave me an insight :p

But ..... when you give them the shots - they won't remember !!

It makes me vso angry how totally inconsiderate and downright mean some people can be,I had a row with my mom the night before my wedding but she still turned up and even though she disliked my bride and said it wouldn't last (25 years coming up) she did nothing to make our big day anything less than perfect.
In addition I am not totally enamoured of my daughters fiancee (I mean he's a Man Utd fan) but when they get married I will be there for her whatever

I guess I have been lucky so far with weddings and every one has been a happy 'event'. I've even photographed a funeral and that was difficult at times but got some shots I was pleased with and think I managed to get across the celebration of the life rather than the sorrow of the death.

I have shot a few events where there was a very poor turn out and it is very difficult to create any sense of atmosphere as there is none. I usually go to the fall back of get up close and personal with the background heavily out of focus and wait for the DJ's lights to give a bit of colour. I don't imagine this would work too well though with a falling over groom and a crying bride.

Given what is spent on a wedding and the preparation that goes into it you would hope that people could put aside their differences for a day and concentrate on the couple and not themselves.

Well done for sticking it out.

John

That really sucks mate, empathy can really sting. I fricking hate how family members and friends can be a right royal bunch of ******s. One of the biggest days of ones life, and pigheadedness and down right STUPIDITY allows people to crap on their loved ones from a great height. I hope all those involved wake up feeling like the idiots they are, and I hope they feel guilty for a very long time.

I have had a pretty rocky relationship with my family from very young. You know what though? I still love them 100%, and despite ups and downs, when the push comes to the shove, family comes first.

You must be feeling pretty crap after going through that, just take stock that you are not in their position, and be thankful I guess.

Gary.

In addition I am not totally enamoured of my daughters fiancee (I mean he's a Man Utd fan)

This looks like the ultimate sacrifice a father can make for his daughter. You are a better man than me to accept one of these ***** into your family :LOL:

Had a couple of those myself.
The worst of the 'political' weddings looked passable through the day, but in the evening, the buffet for 200 overwhelmed the 16 who could be bothered to turn up.
Never has the phrase 'help yourself to the buffet' seemed so daunting.
A lovely couple, but they'll be haunted by the memories.

It's a shame that some people are just so selfish that they would actually ruin the wedding day of their own children.

There truly is no accounting for the behaviour of some people. In their shoes and with parents like that I'd have been tempted to bugger off somewhere nice instead and get married without the "presence" of such selfish people.

Its a often a stressful time for all. The saddest story I can tell is of a chap who swore blind his daughter was not going to marry a local gypsy. He declared they would only get married over his dead body.

They got married but he kept his word, he died the week before. I was the official photographer and the bride's parents were very good friends of my parents

stew

i spent many a year as a pro muso and we never took bookings for weddings as so many get canceled or ruined
usually at very short notice

Yesterdays wedding went rather badly for the bride/groom.
There were only 52 booked, B+G were lovely, but there had been a row the night before the wedding between the bride and the grooms mum. At the church no grooms parents, B+G ok carried on (not much else they could do) At the reception, 4 empty tables (about 20+ short) no wedding cake, still carried on. Disco crap, DJ stuck in an Elvis time warp. Another 70 due in the evening, by 9.00 (time for the first dance) about 15 people left in the hotel, half of them not speaking to each other, DJ's playing to an empty room, groom and best man plastered sitting out the back of the hotel, bride on her own in the bar.
I couldn't help feeling sorry for them.

Have you forgot what forum you are on? :naughty::naughty:
e-needpics.gif

Its just shocking how selfish and inconsiderate some people can be. The sad thing is the bride and groom with never forget that day...and all for the wrong reasons.

Hope you manged to get some special pics though that will go some way to making it better for them

Anna

Have you forgot what forum you are on? :naughty::naughty:
e-needpics.gif

Blimey, I haven't had chance to edit them yet, Only got them backed up, I'll post a quick edited fun one for you, my favorite bridesmaid.

Yes it's really sad when families play silly beggars, I'm sure mum and dad will regret missing their sons wedding eventually. The wasted cost are a bit of a bummer as well, 20 odd meals at about £35 a head mounts up.

3803956981_4e616d9ca3_o.jpg

Blimey, I haven't had chance to edit them yet, Only got them backed up, I'll post a quick edited fun one for you, my favorite bridesmaid.

Yes it's really sad when families play silly beggars, I'm sure mum and dad will regret missing their sons wedding eventually. The wasted cost are a bit of a bummer as well, 20 odd meals at about £35 a head mounts up.

3803956981_4e616d9ca3_o.jpg

Nice pic shame you didn't move the bin :nono:

Sorry couldn't resist :geek:

I'm hoping my daughter just comes home one day and says 'we got married today' ................ :exit:

Less stress. :LOL:

Lisa

Weddings are a stressful time and its so easy for people to get upset or offended by some aspect or another. We had a few family issues before the wedding day and a "friendship/invitation" issue on the day itself. But when all is said and done - it was our day and nothing was going to spoil it for us.

Weddings are a stressful time and its so easy for people to get upset or offended by some aspect or another. We had a few family issues before the wedding day and a "friendship/invitation" issue on the day itself. But when all is said and done - it was our day and nothing was going to spoil it for us.

+1

My first (!) wedding was a nightmare - my ex's parents were sperated and going through a messy divorce - it was the first time they'd been in the same room for 12 months and the daggers they were giving each other were fantastic!

We had a couple of no shows but TBH it wasn't anyone important enough to either of us to really matter.

Second time round my best man and mother in law to be had a MASSIVE barney about 2 weeks prior to the wedding whils both were helping me decorate.....

It was a nightmare but they both pulled it together for the day and actually managed to be civil (Which given the language involved during the barney was a miracle!)

My in laws were a nightmare during the wedding build up though - more than once I decided I'd had enough and told my OH we were going to get married abroad instead!

We had a lovely day though - Although anything after about 8pm is a bit hazy.....

Back