Wild Female Kingfisher

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
This shot is the result of months of watching and waiting at a specific area on a local River
Totaly wild and free
Initial observations etc were from a makeshift hide untill i was happy a portable hide would get me shots .
Kingfisher (1 of 1).jpg s

Last edited:
Great image Den. My only crit would be that the bird appears to have a green tinge to the (normally) blue areas, particularly above the wing. Perhaps it's just a southern variation...;)

Edit: I wonder if pegging-back the WB a bit will resolve it?

Last edited:
This is a slight blacklit shot ,i wont photograph the bird after 1030am at this site and on this shot the sun was just about to hit the birds back ,could be the light .
Also their is a small grassy bank just behind the bird ,i have photographed Kingfishers from dawn tull dusk and it never fails to amaze me at the different variation of colours you can get in different light ..strange thing is their is no blue pigment in kingfisher feathers ,i always see a turquoise bluey green close up,could be me though ,and as you are probably aware Kingshiers are actualy Brown very strange .....

as you are probably aware Kingshiers are actualy Brown very strange .....
Indeed.

I actually see a similar variation in river water whenever I'm down south - always brown, whereas up here they are invariably blue/clear. :naughty:

Back