female stonechat posing nicely

back on the small birds today
stone on stone by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr
Cracking shot, I saw some of these today on Dartmoor and Males but they were far to flitty for me to get a shot of, especially as I am primarily a Lansdcape Photographer so don't have birding type lenses. Best I could do was a Yellowhammer and a Wheatear with my Fuji 50-140 and 1.4 converter (both cropped heavily). Not a patch on yours but I enjoyed seeing them and am quite happy with my shots.

Wheatear.jpg

Yellowhammer.jpg

Last edited:
What is the Blue top of her right leg Jeff

What is the Blue top of her right leg Jeff
Not entirely sure Bob , will check on the other shots in burst , could be a shadow changed in pp ?

just checked the raw files bob , got 9 shots of this in various poses and the blue leg is evident in them all . so its nothing to do with P/P . the only thing I can think of is the intense blue sky reflecting back up from the white stone only 50 yards from the sea to so maybe a combination of reflections ??

just checked the raw files bob , got 9 shots of this in various poses and the blue leg is evident in them all . so its nothing to do with P/P . the only thing I can think of is the intense blue sky reflecting back up from the white stone only 50 yards from the sea to so maybe a combination of reflections ??

could be.it does have fairly prominent line at the botom, there appears to be a very small bit on the other leg, nice and sharp (y)

Last edited:
Back