Female to Female stud connector?

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
No
I've got a Manfrotto F1000 pump cup, and a Manfrotto Magic Arm, both have male studs (not sure on what they're actual name is). I want to connect the arm to the cup, is there a connector that could do this? My camera bracket could do it as it has 2 holes but then I'd need to buy another, so there must be something like I'm wanting?

I'm sorry. I have no idea what your post means, but nevertheless, Female to Female Stud Connector sounds like a job I'd enjoy.

You might be able to unscrew one of the studs to leave a 1/4"Whitworth threaded hole. Failing that, a slab of metal thich enough to take the exposed stud in each component drilled to 5.1mm (?) and tapped through with the correct thread would do the job. If I had a suitable chunk of Al, I would run one up for you - if you can source the metal, I can do the drilling and tapping for you. At a guess, you'll need a 1" length of 3" ø bar.

You could be right, although on their current site, the F1000 isn't listed. Their lighting pump cup appears to have a 16mm socket and their photo support pump cup looks to have a standard 3/8W stud.

If the OP takes both parts to a decent machinist/fabricator, they'll be able to make a joiner up for him. I'm afraid the only Whitworth tap I have is the standard tripod sockets' 1/4"WW.

Just had a look at Manfrotto's site to see what adaptors they do and it seems a bit odd! One of the photos (at least) seems to be reversed, showing a LH thread... http://www.manfrotto.co.uk/16mm-male-adapter-1-4-to-5-8

The adaptor linked (!) to in post #7 would link 2 males...

Back