Fence on the Lake

I like this shot Philip. If I were being picky I'd say that the pole coming out of the rocks on the right hand side is a tat distracting for me.

WOW this is an amazing shot. I could quite easlier look at this and feel like i'm actually there.

great shot,i must visit the lakes soon.

The second shot is the best... very powerful.

One of my favourite spots in the lakes, you have captured it beautifully and the BW conversion works well.

Steve

A bonny spot beautifully done. If I had to choose I would definitely go for the second one.

Top of Fleetwith Pike is a bit darker in the first one, second has more detail. I also prefer the way the light on the water leads you in with the second. Either way they are both absolutely superb and I'd love to have taken them.

The B&W is beautifully done.

I absolutely LOVE both of these... I personally wouldn't change a thing!!!

I love the first one, something i would have taken and they way you processed it is right up my street as well, as you have the critique tag on i will be more picky...

The right peak desperately needs detail bringing out on it, was you using nd grads? there seems to be a line straight across the base of the peak and everything is far to dark and looses interest. The left peak being dark is fine as its in the corner and should be that way.

Secondly the sky is very bright at the top and bottom of the photo in the middle, which is dragging attention away from the rest of the shot, its consistently fighting against the interesting part of the photo, it is going to be difficult but i would try and town parts of the sky down around the edges top and bottom (without making obvious straight line grads) and perhaps bring some of the mountainside up with a tad more contrast.

please remember i love the photo im just being hyper critical. (y)

I have just tried cropping about 7% off the top and the bottom and i think that tightens it up very nicely, i wont post it as you have editing turned off, but give it a go as i think it will help with the brightness issue and push the interest more to the centre.

Back