Ferrari 430 Coupe

Name
Steve Hall
Edit My Images
No
Been a while since I posted anything.... some shots of Ecurie25's 430 Coupe (doesn't it look great in that colour!?)

Ferrari_430_2007-08-13_DSC0009-01.jpg

Ferrari_430_2007-08-13_DSC0015-01.jpg

Ferrari_430_2007-08-13_DSC0062-01.jpg

So you're the theif who stole my car :)

I agree the colour looks nice. I like No 3 the best by the way.

Sex on wheels.

Number 3 does it for me, without a doubt. The location looks perfect for the colour of the car too.

What camera/lens did you shoot it with, and did you use anything aside from those?

Nice shots....... there is only ONE colour for a Ferrari ... this is not it!

(And in case Venomator posts anything, that's not it either :LOL:)

Love these!

No3 for me as I love the natural side lighting.

lol at posh Fiat. You do know Fiat stands for Fix It Again Tomorrow :)

lol at posh Fiat. You do know Fiat stands for Fix It Again Tomorrow :)

Compared with Lotus - Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Why can't i have locations like that round my area

What a clean car. The third shot is lovely, in fact I like it so much if I had taken that picture I would be tempted to be really gay and frame it or something as love it.

Red & yellow have been done to death on Ferrari's now, it's all about being different (y)

Having had time to look again, I think the only way of improving #3 would be to have a hot babe in a red mini-dress leaning against the blank wall on the right. (I can dream can't I? :))

Martin.

#3 is the best, absolutly spot on shot

Its just a shame it isnt in RED

If I could afford any Ferrari, it would be one those 599 Fiorinas in white...

Hmm....*starts dribbling*

I'm loving no.3. What was done to the image (if any) after it was shot?

i love the colour!

i must say i like all three images and out of them, number 3 is the best... but...
my favourite would be 2 if the car was centalized (y)

love 1 and 3

something about 2 makes it look a bit like a matchbox car, i think it's the amount of foreground and the size of the car in the frame.

3 is just :love: though.

'tis a thing of beauty

Blimey, thanks for the positive comments guys - interested to know what any of you think would have improved them?

Little Man: Shot with D200, #1&#2 - 12-24DX #3 - 50mm f1.8

Snappyt: This was a job, shot for ecurie25 supercar club; although the client went for no. 2 ;)

Martin... great minds think alike. Shame I didn't have a model to hand as the lighting in there would have been perfect ;)

30psi: Not too much done to it, the lighting was spot on down the side of the car I've just cleaned up some reflections the polarizer didn't take out. I took a different exposure for the rear of the car (which was darker) and blended that in Photoshop. With hindsight would have been better with fill flash and one exposure but I only had an SB800 when this was taken & that hasn't got enough power.

Paplazarou: Posh Fiat!! You've obviously never driven a 430 then! ;) One of the most exciting and enjoyable road cars around, miles better than a Gallardo (IMHO)

My first post here and I had to comment on these shots...

#3 - This is by far the best, when you look at the image your eyes keep getting drawn to the rear lights to keep you looking at the car, great angle

#2 - digitalfailure said "makes it look a bit like a matchbox car" - I agree, I think it's the white paint on the floor. I can see why the client went for this shot though, the repair in the road leads you to the rear of the car, onto the wheel and then to the yellow badge in the wheel center - great little journey through the image.

#1 - I keep looking at the bridge, maybe it's the lines of the bridge that point to infinity which then draws to you the upright section (the water stains) above the car.

But they are all great shots with some great thought gone into them...I'll shut up now :)

Last edited:
Photos look really good photo 3 especially although i would of moved the car over a touch so you could see the end of the car park (i think its a car park anyway). I just love the way your eyes are drawn to the rear lights the red is so vibrant against the greys.

Thanks for the comments guys, always interesting to hear other POV. With hindsight (in pic3) I also wish I'd moved the car to the left, or rather had a slightly shallower angle of view of the side and also with a little more steering lock. Re the background being dull (presumably 1&2) - that was intended, the idea (particularly for 2) being to find a simple tonally similar but texturally contrasting background... I think it works well and compliments the curves of the car.

The less said about Martin's offer the better ;)

All great shots, Number 3 works really well IMO.

Back