Ferrari 458 Spyder

Name
Luke
Edit My Images
Yes
As per the caption on the flickr version really:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lsr-photographic/8675681663/in/photostream/

8675681663_b433bbf66a_z.jpg

Biggest downer on this for me is the flare just off the drivers door (purple bit)

Always wanted to shoot one of these...and now I have, I could quite happily hang up my gear :LOL: More pics to follow soon :)

There's something unnatural about the light and colour in this shot, i'm struggling to put a finger on it but it's not the flare.

Did you flash it? or enhance the car? If so I think it's too much and it's lifting the car from the ground a bit which makes it appear like a badly layered picture - sorry maybe a bit of a harsh crit but its just odd.

Lucky Leo!

Cheers for the crit Bud;

I didn't flash this, all natural light (and flare) - As much as I don't really like sharing processing, I did purposely enhance the colour of the car (but didn't want to overdo it) as that's pretty much what Ferrari is about, is it not...the red :) Valid point though; each to their own

I did this one later that night:

8676958594_f8c0606140_z.jpg

More to come :)

I suspected it. You could keep the colour enhance but darken the shadow under the car, might work.

That second shot is lovely, i'd fill the gap of light under the rear nearside wheel, but the colours are much better balanced in that shot, I really like it.

Nice time of day to shoot cars too.

The second shot is much better, nice angle, Dof, etc, the first has just gone completely blown out in my eyes.

Lovely car too....

Now you've mentioned it Tommy that really bugs me! (the rear wheel light thing)

Cheers guys, the flare shot really does something for me, not sure why...dramatic maybe?

But yes, I do like the 2nd shot :)

Thanks people

I really like the second shot, and the last one is nice too although I keep getting drawn to the reg plate which isn't such a bad thing for the owner as it's a nice (expensive!) one, but a bit distracting to my eyes. I really like how the light has picked out the diffuser though, I'd maybe have done a detail shot with the exhausts and diffuser as that light is lovely.

Second shot is by far the best, closely followed by #3. #1 has too many distractions and the flare takes over the shot IMO. Otherwise fantastic.

Thanks guys; I did my best to make use of the harsh sunlight where I could :) I did a fair bit of processing on these to try and keep the red constant (which i swear is the hardest colour to shoot; after black obviously) - does anybody else find that red tends to come out slightly pinky alot of the time?

Red is definitely the second worst colour to shoot after black, other than these new colours that look different in certain lights, what colour does the client want to see when it's always changing?!?

I like this set though, the setting is perfect for it, and they're very good for natural light shots

Second shot is a cracker!

The longer focal length and room around the subject work much better imo, as do the colours

Back