Ferrari 458

Name
GF
Edit My Images
No
Not my best set, but it clenched the best sounding car title..

4873056076_f936b26196_z.jpg

4875274044_03f8b261cf_z.jpg

4872504123_3a01802f0f_z.jpg

4875841432_6111615f98_z.jpg

4875850912_c3a58e44ce_z.jpg

4875727770_aff368a786_z.jpg

All great but love number 9 for some reason. Would appreciate details on how you got the moving shots????

Stunning car and great photos. Love the moving shots - what speed is the car doing when taking these? Is it less than 10mph? And are you using a rig?

Hi mate, amazing shots.

Is it possible to use number 6 as my desktop? If so, anyway you can let me have the 1024 version?

Great work. Just checked out your Flickr also, awesome.

This car passed me going through Oxshott this evening - sound was awesome!

I'm with Dean on this one fella. Haven't seen whatever he's said elsewhere but my 2p - using the same location over and over is stunting your creativity, the stuff you did with the R8 and G recently was way better for being original.

The statics don't seem to add up even though they show the car well - you laughed it off when someone else wrote about there being no story but that's what it is. Why's the car there? #5 doesn't work at all although you've used that road well in the past - positioning of the car is all wrong.

Rig shots show you're progressing well with shooting and PP technique but do nothing for the car.

I guess from your opener you knew much of that already. Best thing I'd say is to get out scouting before your next shoot and find somewhere new that's appropriate to the car.

O/T seeing the Sag rig shot in the TVR mag was a real eye opener to how different an image can look finished and in print - the sky looked vacant as part of the image but once the editorial was dropped in it was transformed and made perfect sense.

This car passed me going through Oxshott this evening - sound was awesome!

The owner lives in Oxshott...

I'm with Dean on this one fella. Haven't seen whatever he's said elsewhere but my 2p - using the same location over and over is stunting your creativity, the stuff you did with the R8 and G recently was way better for being original.

The statics don't seem to add up even though they show the car well - you laughed it off when someone else wrote about there being no story but that's what it is. Why's the car there? #5 doesn't work at all although you've used that road well in the past - positioning of the car is all wrong.

Rig shots show you're progressing well with shooting and PP technique but do nothing for the car.

I guess from your opener you knew much of that already. Best thing I'd say is to get out scouting before your next shoot and find somewhere new that's appropriate to the car.

O/T seeing the Sag rig shot in the TVR mag was a real eye opener to how different an image can look finished and in print - the sky looked vacant as part of the image but once the editorial was dropped in it was transformed and made perfect sense.

As i've said to Dean - the locations are my biggest problem at the moment and I can't afford the petrol to go and look for locations further afield...

My next shoot is at Goodwood on the track, so that's a good backdrop!
Also got another interesting shoot lined up and have access to a nice location for that, but want to keep it quiet :D

I will improve :)

The mag is awesome, I'm very happy with it!

These shots have now been featured too:
http://speedhunters.com/archive/201...t-the-ferrari-458-italia-by-g-f-williams.aspx

Just out of interest George, how do the owners react when you say you're going to stick a rig on the bonnet of their prized (and very expensive) motor? Do you ever have to say those immortal words.... "It'll T-Cut out!!"

Just out of interest George, how do the owners react when you say you're going to stick a rig on the bonnet of their prized (and very expensive) motor? Do you ever have to say those immortal words.... "It'll T-Cut out!!"

Never.
If I wasn't happy with putting the rig on a car I wouldn't do it. I've spent a lot of money on my rig and I'm going to use it.

I've never had a scenario where the owner didn't trust me.

Saw a red one of these parked in London a couple of weeks ago - you should have seen the crowds around it :D!

Anyway, the one shot that I got of it wasn't a patch on any of yours (needless to say). I think I like #6 the best, as is a more technically demanding shot, which has been executed to near perfection :clap:.

These pictures were really awesome, I think that the stunning new Ferrari 458 Italia will succeed the famed F430, and is completely new according to the company, really awesome. The 458 Italia is 178.2 inches long, 76.3 inches wide, and 47.8 inches tall. I hope that many people will really like this.

No 6, the first rig shot is excellent. Some of the other static shots I agree with the others and that location is getting a little over used, but I bet the owner didn't know that and is very pleased with the shots.

Having a TVR that's made of fibreglass and taking shots of other owners cars, I was very particular about this and did a lot of research before I bought a rig. I then made sure I practised on the neighbours son old car before I used it on anything else.

Basically if you buy the right kit (and I can recommend the large manfrotto pump sucker pads), clean the area well before you use the suckers and have a microbore cloth ready for afterwards you'll never know there were on.

I learnt that shooting with a couple of journalists this year. It wasn't all about the car but more being aware of if a headline was going in, if there was text to fit around the picture etc. Really different thinking about that rather than just a nice shot of the car.

Blimey, jennyJohn suspended after 4 posts, that's got to be a record. Shame as I found your posts really nice, awesome...

Blimey, jennyJohn suspended after 4 posts, that's got to be a record. Shame as I found your posts really nice, awesome...

Maybe it's Kirk09, come back from the dead in a female guise :D!?

"Great captures" (y).

awwww that car is beautiful.
lovely pics

honestly the last one is the only shot that stood out for me the rest look a bit flat

however this could be something to do with me not liking the car but i'm genuinely trying to separate the two :)

That is pretty good research, seems you are well connected... Thanks for the info... I am glad too theat it was not the one you shot, I checked the caliper colours with the pic on twitter...

Not research as such. I spoke to a chap who is a member of ecurie whilst at Wilton... The car was suppose to be leading the convoy into Wilton too!

honestly the last one is the only shot that stood out for me the rest look a bit flat

however this could be something to do with me not liking the car but i'm genuinely trying to separate the two :)

I don't like the set either. Just don't do the car justice!

First of all, an absolutely stunningly beautiful car, but I was a little disappointed it wasn't red when I opened the thread. For me, a Ferrari just isn't a Ferrari unless its red.

Nice set of photo's, I guess it helps that the car is lovely from every angle, but for me 6 is the standout shot. Absolutely superb mate !!

First of all, an absolutely stunningly beautiful car, but I was a little disappointed it wasn't red when I opened the thread. For me, a Ferrari just isn't a Ferrari unless its red.

Nice set of photo's, I guess it helps that the car is lovely from every angle, but for me 6 is the standout shot. Absolutely superb mate !!
Agree to some extent, althought he "original" Ferrari colour was yellow, first run in "blood red" was a limited run for a specific reason ...

Back