Ferrari Racing Days at Silverstone

Name
George
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent Saturday evening watching what can only be described as the worlds most expensive and best sounding traffic jam. :D

Rest of the day was fantastic too, loved the 599XX and FXX and it was great to see some of Ferrari's F1 history on the track. I miss the screaming V10s.

Anyway, here's some piccies:

The 599XXs. Stunning pieces of engineering and not bad sounding either:

2. - Hot brakes on a hot day!

3. - Not sure what it is about this picture, but it's the one I keep looking at over and over again.

A Ferrari 248F1 from 2006 (please someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Some of the 458s that were in the various Ferrari cups.

6. - A Ferrari that isn't red! What is this blasphemy!

7. - and again!

10. - After this picture I can't wait for the Britcar next weekend!

Lovely shots, and the panning looks spot on.

Just not so keen on the weird angles on them, but I understand that's personal preference :p

Nicely done (y)

I love it when people burn some shoe leather in pursuit of the shot :)

was a fantastic day, i over heard the driver of the 599fx no.11 saying to his friend "i asked if i could have no.1 but they said no, so i said fine i will have 11 instead" ahh to be rich

As said before great work on all the different angles, almost can't tell it's Silverstone! I like them all to be honest but 1,2,4, 9 and 10 really stand out for me. Great work.

Thanks guys. It's brilliant to hear compliments from all the people I look up to on this forum.

I love it when people burn some shoe leather in pursuit of the shot :)
Shoe leather was definitely burnt, now got a lovely hole to show for it in my sole and a lovely blister on the back of my heel.

was a fantastic day, i over heard the driver of the 599fx no.11 saying to his friend "i asked if i could have no.1 but they said no, so i said fine i will have 11 instead" ahh to be rich
I had a similar conversation with someone. Apparently #1 is the Nurburgring lap record car. They're then allowed to pick any number that isn't taken.

The only situation where that isn't the case is with the F1 cars, where they have to race them with the original drivers name and number on. The exception being if it was a third car that was used by both the drivers, in which case they can choose between the two.

As said before great work on all the different angles, almost can't tell it's Silverstone! I like them all to be honest but 1,2,4, 9 and 10 really stand out for me. Great work.
Thanks. I think Silverstone gets a lot of stick. I hated it at first but I think it's really made me search for an interesting shot more often, which can only be a good thing. The only part I don't like about it is the size. I can just about get round in a 3 hour race, but can't get to the outside of Vale and Club in that time.

Good exercise though! ;)

Back