Festival Gear

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey

Iv been invited by one of my music journalisty type friends to go to a festival in Kent later in the year as her photographer, Iv just bought a 50D with a 17-85mm and i'll be getting a fast fifty very soon. Iv just switched from a pentax set up, which was all manual focus, which i may well take because its got a 70-300mm f4 lens which i cant afford in canon fit atm.

What kind of bag would you guys recommend for four days, to protect me gear while it is literally in a field?
My 50D came with 2 8gb cards but im thinking ill need a few more?
also im thinking about 6-8 batteries for the time im there? recon that will be enough?
and i might well get a grip for the 50D but ill wait till iv held it a bit longer to see if i want one.

any help or advise you could offer would be very gratefully received!

thanks
Ben

Get an adapter for the pentax lens (check ebay?) and use your new camera (manual tho).

Possibly a netbook or small laptop or portable hd for off loading pics from card. But you may find it cheaper to just buy a load of 8/16gb cards and have two collections (used and empty).

Dunno about a bag, but consider padded and water/liquid proof.

As an invitee of an artiste you should have no issue but check if any accreditation is required.

At a festival in France a few weeks ago all DSLRs were confiscated at the entrance by site security (left on consignment in a shed!)

I made do with a G9

WOW that sounds awful bellebouche! i certainly hope that doesn't happen to me, cant see that it will as iv got a photography press pass :)

think ima have to get on getting a waterproof bag tho!

I took a Nikon D5000, 18-55 & 55-200 lenses, 3 batteries, compact camera, filters to Glastonbury this year & I found the Lowepro 102AW a great little bag for getting around. Especially when I hit the areas with crowds.

lowepro flipside 400 is what i use at festivals etc.

all the other "pro photographers" carried them on their shoulders and left them lying around covered in gaffa tape :nono:

i am not a pro though :LOL:

Back