Feugh Falls - Banchory

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Took a trip in past a local waterfall the other day after a recent rainfall.
Usually if it hasn't had a lot of water the whole right hand side is dry and the falls only happen on the left, i liked how the water was rushing straight towards the camera then quickly twisting back into the main falls.

Exif: 12mm - f/11 - 1/15 sec - ISO 100

River Feugh - Banchory by chrisgrieve, on Flickr

C+C welcome.

Cheers
Chris

for the day very good colouring and water tone..i can almost see all the midges coming down in that deluge
very slick and done in my pet hate..central theme...but what a central theme with that great rock and two spouts coming at me
cheers
geof

Thanks for the comment Geof,
Usually when there isn't too much water you can stand on the left where the flat bit of water is so it shows how much more water there was this time.

I think you have chosen just the right shutter speed for this, avoids the usual misty water effect and gives the river a real sense of movement.

I think you have chosen just the right shutter speed for this, avoids the usual misty water effect and gives the river a real sense of movement.

Agreed. Nice to see some definition in the water. I personally would like to see a B&W conversion of this shot; the brown of the water, while completely natural and indeed what was there at the time, spoils the photo ever so slightly for me. A B&W conversion would, imho, still retain the tones and contrast of the image, giving a stronger overall photo as a result :)

Nice image Chris. You have captured the movement and force of the falls. I need to get back out there !

Back