Few close ups

Name
Irina
Edit My Images
Yes
While being stuck at home with my ill daughter, i decided to try few close ups (she was getting better when those photos were taken).
I am quite pleased with the result and post processing (apart from the background, which i tried to make more blur and the crop of the second image). I am getting frustrated with my 85mm lens which does not give me much room, but that a discussion for different topic

C&C welcome
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Not too keen on the first two pictures, baby looks very startled in #2, but the third anf fourth pics are really very nice. #3 is the pick for me.

She is very beautiful with gorgeous blue eyes. Hope she is better now.

Not too keen on the first two pictures, baby looks very startled in #2, but the third anf fourth pics are really very nice. #3 is the pick for me.

Thank you for the comments

She was surprised to see me with the camera on the second picture :)
First is my favourite, so would be great to understand better why you are not keen on that

Hmmm 1st for me for sure " sorry to go against Steve " I see what Steve is saying and most photographers will say the shadow is a distraction and to to improve I guess you have to be aware of such things but me not being a photographer says it's an image of a baby doing what babies do but looking right down the camera in a most engaging manner.

Gaz

Without shadows, the lighting would just be flat... which personally, I don't normally go for. So having said that, these are right up my street, absolutely lovely. :)

The first one raises a little chuckle, our little one is also tearing off any headwear too at the moment, spent most of yesterday putting a little hat back on.

These are charming shots of your daughter, there's not much to critique, very nice. My only comment is that the third is shot a little too tightly, I'd probably like to have seen a little more on the left.

Hmmm 1st for me for sure " sorry to go against Steve " I see what Steve is saying and most photographers will say the shadow is a distraction and to to improve I guess you have to be aware of such things but me not being a photographer says it's an image of a baby doing what babies do but looking right down the camera in a most engaging manner.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz! Its good to see various opinions :)

The first one raises a little chuckle, our little one is also tearing off any headwear too at the moment, spent most of yesterday putting a little hat back on.

These are charming shots of your daughter, there's not much to critique, very nice. My only comment is that the third is shot a little too tightly, I'd probably like to have seen a little more on the left.

:) i guess our little ones are similar age, socks never stay in place as well

Thanks for the comment, i agree that with more room would be better, but in this case i was standing on the sofa that she was laying on and no where i could get higher :)))

:) i guess our little ones are similar age, socks never stay in place as well

Thanks for the comment, i agree that with more room would be better, but in this case i was standing on the sofa that she was laying on and no where i could get higher :)))

You also did say that you were at 85mm too so would have been tight, unless you're 8ft tall Our little one is 10 months next week, and that has flown by!

I am quite short, so need a ladder :))
Awww, time goes very quickly with little ones, ours will be 10 month in 2 weeks
Time to prepare for 1 year photo shoot ;)

Funny you mention the year old shoot, we have been thinking the same. I know the cake smash is a little corny but what the hell, we're doing that too.

No3 really shows how lovely an 85mm is- I have the f1.4 version and I would not swap it for the world

It does not give much room as you say- my advice is STEP BACK THEN :) :) :)

Les

I like number 2 in the sense that it's a bit different. As part of a set it's ok.

Thank you
I love my 85mm, but sometimes stepping back is not an option. In this particuar case i needed a ladder then

Or................................................. shorter focal length lens

Les

Back