Few From Cornwall

Love the Curlew Chris and Dunnock doing what Dunnock does ... Swallow looks a bit soft but not the easiest of subjects :)

Curlew is the pick for me Chris (y) although I'd have cloned out the seaweed above and to the left of its head giving a clean bg

The detail in the Dunnock is impressive but a bit too close

Swallow is a good shot but I'm surprised to see you shot it @ 1/400th, any movement from the bird could be the reason it looks a tad soft.

well taken shots Chris ...... looks like you are having fun ........ swallow looks a bit awkward

Love the Curlew Chris and Dunnock doing what Dunnock does ... Swallow looks a bit soft but not the easiest of subjects :)

Thanks, best curlew I've got to date, shame again about the dull overcast weather, but you take what you're given in England! Swallow isn't the best of shots I agree, and after seeing I think it was yours or Dennis' the other day, I wasn't sure if to even post it as it's so weak in comparison. I decided to after all since we can't all be as good as you two (amongst others on here who are a step above)

Curlew is the pick for me Chris (y) although I'd have cloned out the seaweed above and to the left of its head giving a clean bg

The detail in the Dunnock is impressive but a bit too close

Swallow is a good shot but I'm surprised to see you shot it @ 1/400th, any movement from the bird could be the reason it looks a tad soft.

Good point about the seaweed - funny what you miss when you're editing your own photos, I'd have noticed that in a second if it was somebody else's photo! I did wonder about the dunnock, but I quite liked the amount of feather detail so kept it in. Agree about the swallow but it was just on a walk with my girlfriend so I didn't think too much about settings, just fired a few off without thinking.

Back