few from twycross zoo

Hi Adrian,

that first shot is lovely. I'd personally dial the size and/or intensity of the vignette down a tad as you've lost a bit on the bill and the tail. Other than that, it's a corker.

In my opinion, the second shot crop just doesn't work. Maybe as a slender canvas on a wall it would look OK but I'd want at least 60% of the black at the top removed.

Again, the third shot I really like. Good composition and I like the sepia feel of the image.

The last one, again, in my opinion, not so great. The composition really hurts this image, the eye is too central to the frame and it feels like the penguin is falling off the bottom of the picture. There are times when you can break the rule of thirds, this doesn't look to be one of them.

Just had a look on your flickr. You've got some great shots on there. Lots of experimenting which I like to see. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Gary

Thanks for the input Gary, always good to get some constructive criticism. I was going for the headshot look for the penguin as I like the eye detail buy maybe a tighter crop would have helped, maybe not as it's only an okish shot but with good eye focus...
BTW I've gone back & revisited the pics with your advice in mind & yeah, they work better, cheers!

Last edited:
Back