Few more birds from Southern Africa

Name
Bruno
Edit My Images
Yes
Lovely shots. Little Bee Eater is spectacular.

Do you have little bees in S Africa?...............:)

Bruno .... my comments would be ones related to composition

most of the birds, in your images, are in the centre of the frame ......... I would experiment a little more with your crops and compositions ..... the usual, (give the bird space to look into), and not only this but more, the space around the bird if you like:)

Last edited:
Bruno .... my comments would be ones related to composition

most of the birds, in your images, are in the centre of the frame ......... I would experiment a little more with your crops and compositions ..... the usual, (give the bird space to look into), and not only this but more, the space around the bird if you like:)

Thank you for the advice Bill, I will have another go at the processing and will not crop as tightly

Lovely set. What a variety of birds.

I'm guilty of cropping too closely too but it's sometimes to take out a distraction if cloning is too difficult.

I'd agree that this is a nice set and would be stronger yet with the birds moved out of the centre of the frame. Some of them have got halos as well from being over sharpened.

As an example, I tried cropping a little off the left, then darkening the background on the first to make the bird stand out more. This is only a rough edit but might give you an idea to play with.

31414293235_fef2b94010_oRP.jpg

Mike

Think I'm guilty of that too Bruno, think I'm trying to show too much detail rather than concentrate on composition - so much to learn.
You've really woke memories of my trip to South Africa a few years ago, what an absolute delight
Thanks

Thank you all for your fedback

Must have been a wonderful trip!
It was, Namibia is a fantastic country of incredible beauty, quite intimidating at times due to its immensity of space. Both he Okavango and Chobe in Botswana are teeming with wildlife.
Both countries are very safe to visit and the inhabitants very friendly , I hired a 4x4 and went on my own, traveled over 2000 miles and not once I felt threatened or uneasy.
I am hoping to go back to this part of the world next summer (if the £ is still worth something by that time) but will be looking for travel companions this time.

I'd agree that this is a nice set and would be stronger yet with the birds moved out of the centre of the frame. Some of them have got halos as well from being over sharpened.

As an example, I tried cropping a little off the left, then darkening the background on the first to make the bird stand out more. This is only a rough edit but might give you an idea to play with.

Mike

Thank's Bill, I agree with you these minor modifications are an improvement, all the shots were taken in raw format so I know what I am going to do over the long winter ahead of us.

Bruno, I'm a big fan of Southern Africa

your shots look a lot better on Flickr

Last edited:
Back