Few MX from the weekend

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone

Well what a weekend, day started at 6, all good, frozen van, great sunrise..... then got to track to find I'd left me batteries at home for the cameras..... bum

After going through me bags, found one battery for my 40d, never sold this camera as in some circumstances it performs better then the 1d.... so after deciding to have a play, I ended up with some of the best shots Ive taken for a long time, colour wise..... so what am I gonna use this weekend...

Lesson learnt, love your 40d

ImageMX001.jpg

ImageMX002.jpg

ImageMX003.jpg

ImageMX004.jpg

ImageMX008.jpg

ImageMX009.jpg

Really nice selection of shots. Favourites are 2,3,8 and 10. Great combo of lighting, composition and riders style. The lighting may be perfect but if the rider has no style then the complete image wont work. From these shots you had both lighting and riders with style on your side.

Last edited:
Really nice selection of shots. Favourites are 2,3,8 and 10. Great combo of lighting, composition and riders style. The lighting may be perfect but if the rider has no style then the complete image wont work. From these shots you had both lighting and riders with style on your side.

Thanks Peter... been working with different lighting on mx for a few years, there is so much you can do with OCF, I was a bit lazy Saturday, these were all taken with a 4 speedlite setup...

Thanks for the comments

Good stuff Colin!

As you say the colours are nice, but I am pretty sure I can see that the 40D isn't quite as good as the 1D for sharpness.

Good stuff Colin!

As you say the colours are nice, but I am pretty sure I can see that the 40D isn't quite as good as the 1D for sharpness.

Cheers Dude... you are right, but there wasn't alot in it, never will sell the 40d... was my first love...lol... and me 10mm fishy...and..

old git said:
Cheers Dude... you are right, but there wasn't alot in it, never will sell the 40d... was my first love...lol... and me 10mm fishy...and..

Never felt like that about my 30d lol

amazing shots old git, always been a fan of your work since seeing it on mxtrax, im Ash! on there, long suffering member. what lens/camera settings you using? so much clarity and colour in your images, im in awe! crackin job!

amazing shots old git, always been a fan of your work since seeing it on mxtrax, im Ash! on there, long suffering member. what lens/camera settings you using? so much clarity and colour in your images, im in awe! crackin job!

Hi Ash.. yes remember you, KTM 125 me thinks, hope your still riding...

Thanks for the comments, a fan, cool use that on the next advertising..lol.. settings and lens pretty standard to be honest, I think it more that lighting that makes the difference, 99% of my images are shot with added light, Its something I fell in love with the effects it could give you. Four years on I think I'm happy with it now.. tried it at Karting yesterday

Thanks for the comments

Back